Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pre-lift internal mirror with lighting package and I just bought an post-lift internal mirror with dimming. I'm going to combine those 2 into one with dimming and light >:D Anyone tried that before? I'm expecting that the plugs won't match, so some rewiring will be required.

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Done! As expected rewiring (simple) was required. Also a bit of cutting and drilling of the pre-lift mirror shell to accommodate electronics and light sensor . Now I have a mutant pre/post lift dimmed mirror with lighting package >:D
Skills required:
- patience, a lot of it to open the mirror shell
- more patience
- soldiering
- cutting/drilling plastic using precision tools (dremel)
Detailed instruction how to do it soon

Lessons learnt:
- how to remove/mount internal mirror using one hand and almost no force >:D

I strongly recommend buying proper mirror instead doing that mod, but I couldn't find pre-lift dimmed mirror with lighting package and I easily got post-lift with dimming and no lighting package.

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
..... but I couldn't find pre-lift dimmed mirror with lighting package and I easily got post-lift with dimming and no lighting package.
Could've asked here and you are welcome to use my vehicle's VIN to find the part no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.