Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i drove my new car for the first time in the rain today and the intermittent windshield wipers dont work :mad: if u turn it to the number two position they work thank goodness! anyone else had this problem?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Try cleaning the area where the rain sensors are (red circles) with a good automotive glass cleaner so that dirt and dust doesn't interfere.

D

·
0 Posts
If they simply don't run that normally means like Eddy said a dirty sensor but that normally clears in the rain with wipers going because they move over the sensors.

Hopefully its just some caked on dirt that needs removing but it could also be the sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it looks like it has an aftermarket windshield on it so that is what is prob. making them not work :(

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Oh dear, that will be expensive to fix.

Where did you buy this car from? Just suggesting maybe you should have a dealer inspect it and give its memory a playback, you just don't know how these things get treated.

The windshield could be the least of your probs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan i bought the car from a friend of mine who had it since it had 62 miles on it and to my knowedge it hasnt had any major problems at all. This is a plinkington windshield that looks similar to the oem piece. It has the clear circle in the top middle of the windshield. Why do u say it will be expensive to repair. because i have to buy a new oem windshield? how much is one btw? any one know?

D

·
0 Posts
Did he not tell you it had a new screen fitted? seems like the sort of thing that get mentioned to me at least.

It will be expensive because you will need an OEM, i don't know how much one costs in the US but over here they ain't cheap especially with the R&R cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.