Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to get input on current problem... SLK 230/2001... Car cranks and idles roughly. Also when running down the road at times it cuts back to 20- 30 mph and won't go any faster... I scanned and got generic codes PO 102-mass/volume airflow A circuit low input..P0457-evaporative emission system leak detected...P0101-mass or volume air flowA circuit range/performance....P0455-evaporative emission system leak detected (gross leak/no flow)..that being said I checked Mass air flow sensor, it was clean and dry...I did discover that the harness connector for the cam position sensor was broken (from age and heat I suppose)..harness will plug in but not lock in place...Could this be the problem? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,055 Posts
Probably an actual MAF problem - did you check its wiring too? Try cleaning it?

The EVAP errors are completely separate and have nothing to do with running rough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did use electrical cleaner on the mass airflow sensor... Wiring looked good.... Inside of sensor appeared clean and dry(no oil present).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved:

Final results after Mass Airflow sensor change...car initially had same rough idle but ran out good on road test... Cleared codes and rescanned engine... All good, codes gone, engine idles perfectly.. Road test 0-60 mph about 5 seconds.. In the lessons learned department... Codes have to be erased or computer still thinks the problem exist.. Is that correct? Thanks for the input..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.