Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The indicators will stop working on my R170 and the fault light indicator will illuminate in the display panel. All I have to do to get them working again is take hold of the main switch and twist it in any direction and the indicators will work again for a while. I have removed the main switch and with some difficulty opened it to check for a broken printed circuit to find all apparently OK. I have checked the fuses and holders to find also OK. Any suggestions will be most welcome or a wiring diagram will make you a friend for life. It is a right hand drive model in case it makes any difference. Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,464 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how old the battery is, it was on the car when I bought it 12 months ago, I will check it, and the charging system in general, there has not been any other electrical issues up to now

·
Registered 2002 SLK230
11 Posts
Hi
I also have an intermittent indicator problem, I also have traced it to the switch/ fusebox by the drivers door(internal).
But now I need a wiring diagram. Can anyone help please.

Regards
Mario

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,784 Posts
Hi
I also have an intermittent indicator problem, I also have traced it to the switch/ fusebox by the drivers door(internal).

Regards
Mario
Is the one in post 2 no good?

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
2,118 Posts
Hi

Regards
Mario
For your perusal Mario, dunno if they'll help or not :eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,147 Posts
AFAIK, the internal wiring of the light module is not documented. However, I don't think the circuits for turn signals traverse the light module. The MFCU "blinker output" is connected to Z30 and input to the switch; and the switch outputs it to either Z30/1 or Z30/2. This is in the third attachment above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts