Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,226 Posts
I had this issue on my passenger seat. I took the switches off the car seat (or at least got the covers off) and cleaned them up with contact cleaner/grease.

With your car are you seeing this on 'just' one switch - or on both seats at the same time? If it's on both seats at the same time then you may have a different issue to do with fuses / ECUs.

Good luck.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,798 Posts
If it's both seats, how old is the battery?

Is it just as bad with the engine running?

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's a common issue on 170s. It's nearly always a bad relay. I had to replace mine as it finally failed altogether. Unfortunately it died after my wife drove it. She's 4 11 and I'm 6 4. Anyway, the part is about 40 bucks. It's kind of a bitch to get to as its behind the dash to the left of the steering column (left hand drive). Google it and you should be able to find some stuff on how to dissasemble the dash...maybe pelican, I don't remember for sure.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,798 Posts
I've seen a youtube but just checked and can't find it.

Plenty of stuff for dismantling Mercedes dashboard though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fella.....its with both seats and its intermittent........ normally when its stood still ( on a battery conditioner in my garage)...after driving for a bit it sorts itsself out ....some times....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Fella.....its with both seats and its intermittent........ normally when its stood still ( on a battery conditioner in my garage)...after driving for a bit it sorts itsself out ....some times....
I had the same problem - it's the relay - sits just behind the ignition switch on a RHD you can buy one for £32.43 delivered from PFS Parts Ltd Mercedes Parts, Smart Parts, Mercedes & Smart Spares and Accessories: online ordering, mail order parts, UK based site - PartsforMercedes-Benz Tel 0844 800 2741 Part Number is A0025422219

There is a photo somewhere on here somewhere showing the relay with the dash dismantled. But it's an easy job to get to, just a few screws holding the panel in - took me about 15 minutes once I got the relay ..

Good luck ...

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.