Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had experienced this twice before yesterday and really didn't know where it was coming from. It was previously guessed that it was a loose connection but yesterday my indy found the cuplret.

Problem: sometimes your power seats won't work at all

Identify the source: indy first checked the fuses, fuses were fine, realized they were not getting power. Indy then traced it back to the seat relay.

Resolution: Indy then started tapping on the lower dash and checking the seats, after a few good knocks the seat had power once again.

Today the indy took down the lower dash and replaced the power seat relay. Half an hour of labor and the part. K24 relay part cost $35 labor cost $58.80, total out the door $96.69. For those of you that can DIY, this is an easy fix for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
new to me slk320

same problem with seat, just needed a little more info on panel removal, pelican parts has a great step by step, with pics on how to remove drivers side panel!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,463 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
it was a google search that brought me here

:wink::grin::grin:i understand, but i was very happy to find this thread it helped allot, it was a google search that brought me to it, just wanted to share, the seat was in the forward most position needed a some help quick, take it easy on newbie....

·
98,463 Posts
We don't mind one updating an old thread with an update or resolution
we do mind if someone is trying to get a reply form a poster who is long gone

in this case, op has not been back since last year: Last Activity: 05-29-2015

·
Registered
19 Posts
We don't mind one updating an old thread with an update or resolution
we do mind if someone is trying to get a reply form a poster who is long gone

in this case, op has not been back since last year: Last Activity: 05-29-2015
In this case, I read the new poster as providing additional information (PelicanParts panel removal reference), not seeking anything from the op. Good stuff!

·
98,463 Posts
True, but we don't know unless we ask and at the same time, inform any newbies :D

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
20 Posts
There's a nearly duplicate thread with better links to different sites with descriptions on how to remove dashboard sub panel to access seat relay. Here's a link to my post on that thread with the instructions that helped me best:
http://www.slkworld.com/2052257-post30.html

I suggest reading through the rest of that thread, there are more links to different instructions, and letting this one pass into history :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
power seat relay

i priced the relay at MB $55 plus tax, online $13 plus $8 3 to 5 days wait, to my supersize NAPA $35 not a off brand relay, but a genuine MB part,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.