Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 1998 SLK230K
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies if this is the 1000 post about this paint, but just started my interior and all I can say is WOW!!

I didn't expect great things, when trying to colour match the scarlet red (available in a number of colours) interior console paint, but this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/200588456737

Is amazing. Also believe it is what was originally used to coat interior - don't quote me on this though - It is simple to do and the results speak for them selves:

1) Cleaned all the areas due to be painted with hot soapy water and a cloth. Stubborn ground in dirt I used traffic film remover (be sure to colour test first to ensure it will not bleach the colour)

2) Wipe down with a clean dry cloth and allow areas to dry

3) I used a kitchen scoured/sponge for the large areas. Using scourer side, roughed up the areas.

4) Using the sponge side, put a small amount of paint on the sponge and gently dabbed it on to areas where paint had come off. Take care not to get paint on areas you don't want covered (I just wiped off the little excess where I accidentally painted).

5) Put thin coat on the required areas, then allow a few minutes for application to dry.

6) repeat until you can no longer see the black plastic underneath.

7) for smaller areas, I used some eyeshadow sponge applicators (8 for under £2 from Tescos)

8) Allow to dry and then admire your handy work - job done!! Centre console picture - is only done one side of it to show difference.

Photo 28-04-2018, 14 15 26_1524921953800.jpg
Photo 28-04-2018, 11 04 57_1524921984385.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230 Kompressor
437 Posts
There is a YouTube video showing this process. I was so amazed that I immediately purchased the paint to use in my SLK. The bottle size is 3oz. And he charges $28 for the bottle as well as $20 shipping as it ships from Germany.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.