Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice on ebay that touch up pens are available (as are rattle cans) for the scratched centre console , mines grey but there seems to be more than one choice in colours... I think one was called Anthracite and one Carcoal ?
Can anyone give me any direction ?
Mike

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,402 Posts
post a vin for your datacard to find out

·
Registered
115 Posts
I notice on ebay that touch up pens are available (as are rattle cans) for the scratched centre console , mines grey but there seems to be more than one choice in colours... I think one was called Anthracite and one Carcoal ?
Can anyone give me any direction ?
Mike
Can you post the link to the Ebay items please ?

·
97,402 Posts

·
97,402 Posts
Here you go!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that , I wonder what the myriad of umbers are for at the bottom of the page and since when did my SLK have a blue soft top !!!!!!!!!
Can't make out any interior trim colour refrence though

·
97,402 Posts
I saw that and one other user had the same color combo question.
there are several threads on paint matching for the charcoal interior. my first slk 320 02 had the same issue.
try a search top right and see if you can locate the repaint threads

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I did my r170 I used this sort of format , from the Australian seller ( forget the name ) and applied it with a small sponge with perfect results , more paint for your money !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-leather-Interior-paint-anthracite-SLK-R-170-/200784059600?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ebfa99cd0
Viponds Tautflex is the best paint for the interior, they even have a chart of the original color codes.

http://www.viponds.com.au/tautflexbenz.htm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay , so this item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150526768554?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 tuned up today and got right on with applying it......... gotta say , the match was perfect and the coverage / opacity superb.
It was so easy , I consider my self fussy with this sort of detail but could'nt fault it , I guess it will wear like the original finish because its only another paint , but hey , its a fix quite pricey , but I'm happy
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I give up. I can't find this information using any of the resources Ive tried so far. I don't see anything on any sticker in the door that tells me the interior color code; none of the online VIN searches tells me, either.

Really hoping to find the exact code so I can contact Viponds and get some paint. VIN is WDBKK65F01F225700.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
589 Posts
Well, I give up. I can't find this information using any of the resources Ive tried so far. I don't see anything on any sticker in the door that tells me the interior color code; none of the online VIN searches tells me, either.

Really hoping to find the exact code so I can contact Viponds and get some paint. VIN is WDBKK65F01F225700.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Here you go:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
mr

Hi I have a slk 200 1997 and need to find the colour of the dash board to match the side panels and console can anyone help as i wish to referb the interior the seats are two tone dark green, and what looks like a light grey

Any help will be appreciated

Garry Watts [email protected]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.