Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new-to-me SLK320 has the customary paint issues on the console and other interior pieces. I've read and bookmarked everything I can find on correcting the situation and have decided to remove the parts, strip, and paint them.

Since the plastic under the M-B paint is black, and everything else in my interior is black, I figure the best course of action is to just paint the parts black. That way any possible future scratch would be harder to see.

I thought I'd bounce this off you before I proceed.

The second part of this is which color black? That may seem like an odd question, but there are MANY black option from Colorbond:

Dashboard Paint | Car Dashboard Restoration Paint | ColorBond

It probably isn't that critical, but the closer to the underlying black plastic the better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your right! That would be more of a gray. How about just stripping the old paint to the black plastic and then use a semi-gloss (with some UV protection if that is possible) spray?

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right! That would be more of a gray. How about just stripping the old paint to the black plastic and then use a semi-gloss (with some UV protection if that is possible) spray?
That would be worth doing some experimenting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.