Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New here so hopefully posted in right location!
MB SLK 230K auto; picked up and noticed there is a noise like a fan near the handbrake when you unlock and open the car. Also, there appears to be some 'air' blowing through the handbrake apperture when this noise is apparent. The noise and air stops after around 10 seconds.
Anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,513 Posts
yes right section but you also need to post in the new member introduce yourself section

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

We’d like you to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same,image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free. http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
393 Posts
. . . and noticed there is a noise like a fan near the handbrake when you unlock and open the car. Also, there appears to be some 'air' blowing through the handbrake apperture . . . .
Probably part of the central locking system. There is a pneumatic/vacuum latch mechanism that locks the arm rest compartment. I would suspect that a hose came loose or broke. I had my entire rear console apart; I'm not sure if I have a picture of all the hoses; but when I had it partially disassembled and drove the car, the hoses would hiss a bit.

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-class-diy/28910-rear-center-console-removal.html

The hoses are yellow, the latch is item 7. The pneumatic connections are tough to get apart.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers bud, sounds exactly as you describe and does only make this noise when the car is unlocked and you hear it as you get in!
I'm going to look at your link now so thanks again and i'll post my findings.
Need to post in the new members area yet!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Oh yeah definitely. Just had my console out and that hole was soooo annoying while not connected to anything. it probably just came off the little nipple that connects to underside of center armrest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.