Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got hold of an interior mirror (A171 810 12 17 ) that has a built in light unit and also
what I take to be a sensor type thingy, I've not been able to find out much about its
attributes but I stuck it in as I was bored and it was raining. My car had been fitted with
a standard mirror and I thought it might reveal it's mystical workings once I had plugged
it in but it didn't, I thought the sensor might have been a light sensor so I tried it at night,
still nothing.
So, I'm wondering if it's just not compatible or I've missed something, any ideas ?

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
Take a photo of it so people can see what you have.
In mine (55) there is a small light at the bottom and this gives a slight yellow glow at night to high-lite the dash vents etc.
I think there may be the interior alarm sensors?
@Seanhump may be able to advise?

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts

Attachments

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
They'll need enabling via STAR - odd as it may sound, but the car needs to know the lighting pack is fitted ...

Reactions: Neilr171 and etyu

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks Russ & Sean, I think the first thing to do is
identify which consul has been fitted ( although I think I know the answer to that )
and then decide whether it's worth the cash for a bit of extra light,
( yes I know there's the satisfaction of "doing it" ) there's also the problem
of getting the coding done up here in the wild west of the UK.
So at least till it stops raining, if it ever does I'll go back to my knitting.
:frown:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.