Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whenever I turn on my my headlights, I get a bulb out indicator on the dash. The only lights that work are the exterior lights, dome light. My speedometer light, climate control light, and radio lights don't work. So pretty much every light besides for the dome light and exterior light is out. I'm assuming that it is a blown fuse but I'm not sure which one.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,420 Posts
Sounds like the dimmer on the dash lights is turned down to low/off. You might want to recheck all outside lights again.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Bulb out indicator only has to do with the exterior lights. If it comes on as you turn on the headlights, then it is one of the exterior lights that come on at that point.

Reactions: Gbarringer100

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright I'll double check tonight. The weird thing is that my dome light still works. And also there's no beeping noise that alerts me if I open my door with the headlights still on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i found out that fuse #11 blew out in the dash.. I replaced it with another 7.5 amp and still nothing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bulb behind heater control knob

I had a burned out bulb, I removed the knob to replace it, and discovered that the previous bulb had been broken off. Any tips on how I remove it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hate to say it, but remove the light unit, turn it upside down and jiggle around til the old bulb glass drops out.

To be honest the front lights are really easy to remove in a few minutes (Just a few bolts - remove the grill, remove the two bolts holding the front bumper on at the top near the inner edge of the light units so u can pull bumper forward for a bit of room. The lights are just held in with 3 bolt/screws). Dont know about the rear light units.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mission Complete!!

I managed to use needle nose tweezers to get around the remains of the bulb, was able to pull it out, and presto! after getting a sylvania 2721 from the the store, I have light on the climate control knobs!! It's the little pleasures in life lol!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks!

Hate to say it, but remove the light unit, turn it upside down and jiggle around til the old bulb glass drops out.

To be honest the front lights are really easy to remove in a few minutes (Just a few bolts - remove the grill, remove the two bolts holding the front bumper on at the top near the inner edge of the light units so u can pull bumper forward for a bit of room. The lights are just held in with 3 bolt/screws). Dont know about the rear light units.
It turned out to be easier than I thought, it was the just the small bulb behind the a/c heater knob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.