Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2001 SLK320 was just totaled. Can the power seats be fitted into our 1998 SLK230? Door panels? The 230 is all black interior on a red car, the 320 was black with red inserts over black panels.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,856 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,842 Posts
Indeed, I echo @jbanks15 sentiments here. Sorry to hear about the totalled 320. Fine car and I hope no-one was hurt, @f101wrench

On to your requests:

You may be aware that the seat design itself changed from pre-facelift to facelift cars so you may have three problems to overcome:
  • The physical fit of the seats may differ car to car. I'm sorry I can't answer your issue here - you'll have to suck it and see.
  • Are either or both sets of seats heated? I ask because this presents a problem between the cars both with the wiring and with the switches on the centre console.
  • I'm pretty sure the powered seats themselves were also not fitted pre-facelift so you will lack the power feed to the under seats. That said, you have a donor car to copy/steal bits from and a circuit diagram to analyse to see what you need to add.
Assuming we don't have any heated seats in either car, I suggest you whip the seats out of both cars and try the '320 seats in the '230 for fit. If you can get the bolts into place and there is comfortable fit then I suggest you start preparing the wiring.

Seat Controls.jpg

Good news! There isn't a special 'controller' needed for the seats. Just power that is supplied through Relay K24 to connectors X55/3 and X55/4. You could skip this relay and just find two 30A fused supplies one for each seat and feed them from Circuit 30. K24 listens for either of the two door contacts being 'opened' or Circuit 15R. You'll need 2.5mm cable (or the US equivalent) to bring +12V to both seats and a suitable ground, again 2.5mm cable normally brown.

Looking for K24 on the 320? It's behind the air vent on the left of the drivers seat on a LHD vehicle.

Hope this is enough (with the diagnostics info) to get you started. Let me know if you need any more help.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts