Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,754 Posts
Those are the headlights I would have liked for my r170 , personally I like them a lot more than the Angel Eyes , the look new and updated , without changing the style of the r170 ..

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
There are couple folks on the forum that have these lights on. I must say they look good, especially black ones on black cars.
But the price for fog lights seems a little high.... I remember I got a set for myself (mine was post-facelift, oval ones) an they were around $80 a pair... Have you tried searching somewhere else?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I have seen other fog lights, but none as good as these 'seem' to look...and i assume same manf as the headlights....may pull the trigger...still thinking

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks! I have seen other fog lights, but none as good as these 'seem' to look...and i assume same manf as the headlights....may pull the trigger...still thinking
I'm thinking you won't be disappointed. I was also looking at this DEPO lights and wanted to get black version but then I went with projectors. Mainly because I wanted to install aftermarket HIDs and wanted a focused beam. If you put HIDs into your stock lights it will sure be bright as burning hell =) But the beam won't be focused... And I hate when people do this, stick HIDs instead of stock halogen lights and they drive towards you and you can't see sh**...because beam is scattered all over and stock lens is not designed to focus that kind of light. No common sense at all =(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anyone tried these? Looks like glass too! Wondering if I'd need the wiring adapter that some of the early r170's need... for any input...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-Mercedes-Benz-SLK-R170-96-04-Clear-Glass-Left-Right-Chrome-New-/121193020431?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c37aabc0f&vxp=mtr
I personally love these. They are "dectane" manufacture and they come with a single bulb doing high and low. I may be wrong but you would think problems with aiming high and low would not be a problem like I've heard way to much about with the Spyder type Halo angel eyes. Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada.

·
Registered
43 Posts
These look awesome! Does anybody have a picture of what they look like installed?

Also, do they require any modifications in a pre-facelift model? (1998)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking you won't be disappointed. I was also looking at this DEPO lights and wanted to get black version but then I went with projectors. Mainly because I wanted to install aftermarket HIDs and wanted a focused beam. If you put HIDs into your stock lights it will sure be bright as burning hell =) But the beam won't be focused... And I hate when people do this, stick HIDs instead of stock halogen lights and they drive towards you and you can't see sh**...because beam is scattered all over and stock lens is not designed to focus that kind of light. No common sense at all =(
Could not agree more, you can spot them a mile away. Just upgraed my e350 to silverstars, but lots are doing the hid in halogens housings, sloppy! After these comments, im gonna grab these. Question, and my slk is in storage so I can not look, is the high/lo one bulb? Can I assume like robo said that I can add my existing bulbs and sockets to these. Ill ask the seller too, but thought you guys might know

Wife said no to an 05 slk55 Ive been watching, so gotta make this one look a little better:tu:

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Could not agree more, you can spot them a mile away. Just upgraed my e350 to silverstars, but lots are doing the hid in halogens housings, sloppy! After these comments, im gonna grab these. Question, and my slk is in storage so I can not look, is the high/lo one bulb? Can I assume like robo said that I can add my existing bulbs and sockets to these. Ill ask the seller too, but thought you guys might know

Wife said no to an 05 slk55 Ive been watching, so gotta make this one look a little better:tu:

Thanks!!
I'm sure you won't be disappointed with looks =) My assumption is the following:
From the picture it looks like they use a single bulb for high and low so you might need some harness (or might not).
Also, seems like you'd use your stock sockets with bulbs for parking and turn signal lights. Definitely contact the manufacturer and ask him questions.
Also, hopefully some of the members that have these installed will chime in and give your more in-depth knowledge :tu:

P.S. too bad you couldn't get your hands on 55 =) :deal
Should have taken your wife for a test-drive in that beast

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought them, will post pics when theyre all installed, probably a month...thx
I'm real interested in your purchase and final product with finish/install comments. Would be greatfull for pre/post pic's, install pic's, any extra equip need etc etc.. you know the story.

thanks in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you got them installed yet? Photos would be nice and any info on install and iff aby extra parts are necessary.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sold the car ( bought a 2007 CLK550- i know boo) and included the lights...headlights and matching fogs) for an extra 375. Shipping was slow but boxes arrived in pristine condition. Quality looked great...Did a dry fit on one headlight and it looked awesome, looks like the only thing needed was the bulbs.
Told the new owner about this site and asked him to send me a pic of the install.. Never heard from him..

RoboRob said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-M...aabc0f&vxp=mtr

Did you get them? are they installed? Would love to see a picture and hear of your experience ordering from a German site. Any extra equipment/connectors required?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have got those headlight on my SLK 230 too. But now looking for a set of crystal fog light :)

ABTGuy,,, how'd the install go? Any extra connectors or hardware needed? I have factory xenon headlights and am wondering how these new ones compair in brightness/aim etc. Are the high/low's one bulb like I expect? And most importantly,, how much coin $ and where you got them from (if you remember). Really appreciate it.

Rob

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob, looked at the cached ebay listing from the guy in Germany I bought these from, says does not work with cars equipped with factory xenons? Sorry man

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And doubt they would compare to xenons in terms of brightness...at least using the xenons in my CLK as a reference. those are super bright and blow my E350 away even with Silverstar ultras

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.