Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SLK32AMg that has 45K miles on it. I do all my own maintenance on all my vehicles. It is once again time for a coolant change on my AMG. However this time I would like to include the intercooler circuit but I cannot find the drain plug. Would someone please advise me as to its location so I could replace it when I replace the engine coolant. Thank you.

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
233 Posts
Hello! I recently did a cooling flush/change on mine as well. The supercharger intercooler is actually tied into the engine cooling system, so when you replace the engine coolant you're replacing that coolant as well. I did a full-on flush myself, and not a drain-and-fill, just to make sure I got all the old stuff out. I would recommend doing the same to be on the safe side. I'll link a DIY that helped me out a lot: Coolant Change - SLK32 - Engine + Charge Air Cooler.... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Thanks for the link.
An excellent post. Thanks for taking the time.
One question. The schematic on the link shows 2 charge air coolers. Is one of those supposed to be the SC itself?
Or is the lower one the main radiator that he's just calling a charge air cooler for the "circuit" being discussed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.