Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

*Registered
2012 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon. I'm still trying to get to know some of the features of my Slk55. I sorted out the stop start and eco setting after replacing a sensor and the secondary battery and now I'm looking at the front lighting system. I have the Ils fitted but haven't had a chance to use the car at night yet. I have no error codes but when I turn the headlights on and operate the main beam the main beam works by changing the dip beam. As that is the case what is the inside projector for and do the dipped and main beams have one xenon bulb or 2?
Also the directional bulbs don't light when the wheel is turned. Is this all because I'm trying it in daylight? and if so at night does the inner projector work as the main beam and will the directional lights work. Sorry if all this sounds ridiculous to those who know but I'm always ready to learn. Many thanks.馃榿馃憤

Administrator (Canada)
AFAIK, the directional lights/cornering do not turn during daylight. Try them in a garage (or at night). I do know that when the car is first started, they both rotate (up/down & side/side) to ensure they are aligned.

**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
Could also try putting a blob of Blutac on the light sensor, on the back of the rear view mirror..!!
Though I think the corning lamps only work up to a curtain speed, so may need to be moving for them to work?

*Registered
2012 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies much appreciated. Managed to get the car out last night and the cornering lights work perfectly as do the low and main beams, particularly impressed by the way the beams tend to anticipate/follow the road ahead and raise/lower dependant on the speed. My only remaining question is regarding the inner projector. Apart from the side of it housing and providing a reflector for the cornering lamp does the projector itself have a purpose?. Thanks again馃憤馃榿

**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
Thanks for the replies much appreciated. Managed to get the car out last night and the cornering lights work perfectly as do the low and main beams, particularly impressed by the way the beams tend to anticipate/follow the road ahead and raise/lower dependant on the speed. My only remaining question is regarding the inner projector. Apart from the side of it housing and providing a reflector for the cornering lamp does the projector itself have a purpose?. Thanks again馃憤馃榿
The inner projector is a dummy, it鈥檚 just there for the look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts