Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 29K Mile SLK55 this week, ported the intake elbow already and now building an intake. Going to go with a needs wings style setup using a VRP 80MM Y Coupler(they have a 74MM adapter) two 45 degree aluminum intake pipes, two 45 silicone couplers and Spectre 3" inline canisters on both sides.

Stock filters have a flow capacity of 457 CFM(K&N) the Spectres have the same..... another option would be the 4" inline filters but I think the 3" are sufficient. I am banking the straight shot will have more velocity than the stock intake.

I ran the same setup on my C32(RIP)

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
I doubt you will see any real performance increase. You need to look at the bottleneck in the system and that is the throttle body area. Both the Y that feeds it and the TB itself. If you are doing this for more sound, then knock yourself out as there will be more intake noise goodness.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi All
I went the Kleemann tube header route + ECU flash give me an extra 50 Bhp on Dyno. Had it 3 or 4 years now no problems . Its a bolt on upgrade .
Also it sounds like a V8 now. check videos in sig

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the header sound at cruise.... promised wife I wouldnt "ruin" it for her..... I have a lot of toys including a SL600 thats modded/tuned.... I would love to do the headers

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
How is the header sound at cruise.... promised wife I wouldnt "ruin" it for her..... I have a lot of toys including a SL600 thats modded/tuned.... I would love to do the headers
You won't ruin it at all. At cruise it is nearly the same. I have headers and a full exhaust and it still isn't bad, but there is a little extra noise. Step on it though and she snarls pretty good >:D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi All

As already said sounds like standard when cruising , But step on it & you can make small children cry & young single mothers swear.

Cheers

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts