Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New here and to Mercedes in general but am looking forward to playing with my new toy.
I just have a couple of questions to start with.
1. I have not insured the car yet but am wondering what security it comes with as standard? in the online sites it wants to know if there is an alarm, immobiliser, thatcham approved and so on, what is it ?
Second question, my car is a class D insurance job and it seems someone knocked it from behind. I think that as a result of this the roof stopped working, though I was not able to get any good information from the seller, all looks OK, but when I push the button nothing happens. I know this is a bit of a length of string issue, but is there anyone around the London are who can recommend a good honest guy who could take a look at this and give ma an idea of what it would take to fix this.
Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
roof problem started after accident?

It's not completely clear from your post. Did the roof problem start after the accident or have you not been able to get it to work since you owned the car?

Hi all,
New here and to Mercedes in general but am looking forward to playing with my new toy.
I just have a couple of questions to start with.
1. I have not insured the car yet but am wondering what security it comes with as standard? in the online sites it wants to know if there is an alarm, immobiliser, thatcham approved and so on, what is it ?
Second question, my car is a class D insurance job and it seems someone knocked it from behind. I think that as a result of this the roof stopped working, though I was not able to get any good information from the seller, all looks OK, but when I push the button nothing happens. I know this is a bit of a length of string issue, but is there anyone around the London are who can recommend a good honest guy who could take a look at this and give ma an idea of what it would take to fix this.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I just got it and it is not working, I know it was rear ended and thus was made a CAT D, I assumed that there is a connection but do not know this. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there are 2 microswitches , the boot locked which is in the latch mechanism, and the boot max travel which is r/h side corner and has a plastic arm that can be snapped off, also check drive shaft to lock is not broken.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. could you send me pictures of what I am looking for, I am not sure about these things.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Just incase you don't know, in the link very kindly sent by leapyfish, you need to click on the various pictures and it will then show you where the part is actually located. Also be sure to use the back button, near the bottom, to view more information on other parts of the roof systems. It can be a wee-bit complicated. I suspect your problem is related to the repair, hopefully somebody just forgot to plug in one of the switches. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.