Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while and hope everyone is doing well! The weather has got warm, and I had the Volico paint, so I got after it and repainted the IP and center console. The paint is a good match, just wish I had purchased a third can to complete the doors. Definitely much nicer to look at now! I have been tweaking on the front end and replaced the tie rod ends. I also replaced worn/leaking motor mounts. The front end is nice and tight now, with no vibration transmitted to the cabin because of worn motor mounts. I am where I need to be now with the car, a very good looking, reliable daily driver that still turns heads!

Attachments

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Moving to the R170 section

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interior paint

I removed the entire interior to repaint. It's not difficult, just time consuming. It took me a full day to remove, prep, paint and reinstall the interior. I did find out something I did not know before, the center console lid locks with vacuum as does the doors, trunk, etc. I had to open the center console lid with a credit card before I did the repaint because the vacuum line was not installed. Find out something new everyday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interior paint

Thank you all! Definitely had to do it. The exterior paint and body was done earlier this year and that really showed how worn the interior was. Next is the seats. I found some upholsters in Italy that do great work. The padding in the drivers seat is non existent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.