Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my '06 SLK350 to MB of Cutler Bay, FL for an "A" service - I showed the service writer a very small defect in the LCD display between the guage pods - he told me to leave it, and he'd have it fixed under warranty.

When I went to pick it up, the instrument panel had a different look - when I did some research, I realized it now has a brand new '09 dash. I wasn't warned about this, and some people might be upset, but I'm pleased with the new look! w4jeh

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,218 Posts
cool! pics please! how do u know it is an 09?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread i know....but i just had a similar situation...i had what appeared to be dead pixels on the lower LCD screen in the instrument cluster....had it replaced with warranty, now i have this different looking cluster with lap timer function, battery in volts and oil temp am guessing.

Question, am i missing a piece in the lower portion of the new cluster?, i noticed a small gap (3/8 of an inch) that wasn't there in the old unit, along with two small notches.

Left Side (New One) Right Side (Old One)

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had my instrument cluster replaced a while back. The new one had the lap timer in it which I love.

-nmslk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Instrument cluster shelf

Resurrecting an old thread i know....but i just had a similar situation...i had what appeared to be dead pixels on the lower LCD screen in the instrument cluster....had it replaced with warranty, now i have this different looking cluster with lap timer function, battery in volts and oil temp am guessing.

Question, am i missing a piece in the lower portion of the new cluster?, i noticed a small gap (3/8 of an inch) that wasn't there in the old unit, along with two small notches.

Left Side (New One) Right Side (Old One)

I just had my instrument cluster replaced under warranty due to the "pink shrimp" dead pixel issue. When the car was returned, I noticed the "gap" and the slots where you mentioned. I took the car back and apparently the new cluster was not shipped with a small black trim piece that fits into those slots and completes the look. It looks like a small shelf that fits between the two silver dials.They took the shelf off the old cluster since they still had it in the shop and snapped it in place with the new cluster. It took about 30 seconds, but its one of those things what one can easily miss if in a hurry.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,218 Posts
good catch!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I changed my SLK instrument panel from millage to a brand new 09 model year dash with a different look to kilometers, also change the A/C controls from fahrenheit to Celsius, also changed my power windows switches to a newer 09 model year and all the rest in the middle consol including the radio/cd with bluetooth connectivity with my I Phone , have to find a 09 steering wheel with paddles unfortunately i found without paddles and still searching one with paddles because i already have paddles on my existing steering.
converted the inside cabine to 09 and up.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I changed my SLK instrument panel from millage to a brand new 09 model year dash with a different look to kilometers, also change the A/C controls from fahrenheit to Celsius, also changed my power windows switches to a newer 09 model year and all the rest in the middle consol including the radio/cd with bluetooth connectivity with my I Phone , have to find a 09 steering wheel with paddles unfortunately i found without paddles and still searching one with paddles because i already have paddles on my existing steering.
converted the inside cabine to 09 and up.
Hi, gregotal

May I ask you how to change the instrument panel and the power windows switches, what is the price? Are those plug and play? Really appreciate for your help, thinking about changing mine too.:hail::hail::hail:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi, gregotal

May I ask you how to change the instrument panel and the power windows switches, what is the price? Are those plug and play? Really appreciate for your help, thinking about changing mine too.:hail::hail::hail:
The instrument panel is plug and play but you will need to adjust your cars real milage by a Mercedes dealer.
You cannot mount the newer model power windows switches unless you change the interior silver switche holder (the interior silver handle) and the round leather piece wich covers the lateral side of the switches and they are plug and play.
Regards Greg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts