Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I would like to lower the 320 but my mechanic said it would be $400 plus alignment in labor to install the springs & shocks. I've been searching Youtube and the net and can't find anything about the front but the rear seems pretty straight forward. Hmmmm ....

Is there some resources or advice for a Newbie need to keep the Mod budget in check ?
Seems lots of guys talking about it, but no Hands On helpers.

Thanks in Advance!
Steve

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I'd say that a very fair price for the install...At least around here!

Your looking at about $300 for a good Eibach kit (4 springs)..While your there you might as well do the shocks..you looking at anywhere from $350 to $800+ for shocks..So in parts alone your looking at $650 to $1100 + $400 labor and prob around $100 for an alignment..so to drop about 1" to 1.5" in height it;s gonna cost ya around $1200 to $1600 for a job done right.

Is it worth it?? only you can answer that...Also how are the roads in your area..I have roads around here that look like land mines went off on them!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey man, as XOFMOT said, that's a good price. i recently lowered my R170, I bought bilstein sport struts and h&r lowering springs, about $900 total for parts, and then about $500 in installation + an alignment by a local shop that i trust

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ... SirClass so your quote was same as mine in labor. Is there a REAL difference in experience with the lower? I mean is it better in corners, drivability ...
You know or is it just a bit sexier?

With used Renntech Springs & Yellow's its about $1500!!

Hmmmm .....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks guys ... SirClass so your quote was same as mine in labor. Is there a REAL difference in experience with the lower? I mean is it better in corners, drivability ...
You know or is it just a bit sexier?

With used Renntech Springs & Yellow's its about $1500!!

Hmmmm .....
Well I lowered mine because I'm going for a stanced look. I'm running 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 AMG wheels on my car from an SL500, and so I currently have major rubbing issues since I'm using the factory tire size on those wheels. I didn't notice any real difference with the drop other than rubbing more. I think our cars just look better with the wheel gap removed, which is basically all lowering springs will do. the only other option for lowering is getting KW V2 coil-overs which are $2000 alone + installation. those will definitely be stiffer and drastically reduce body roll and increase cornering capabilities

1 - 5 of 5 Posts