Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
heres a before and after picture of my SLK320. loving the Depo Black Housing Headlights which goes well with a Black car.
I agree that they look good, especially on a black car. :tu:

What hints or tips about your experience of fitting them do you have to share with other members?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that they look good, especially on a black car. :tu:

What hints or tips about your experience of fitting them do you have to share with other members?
Yea the black on black is real nice. the headlights was really easy to install. stock headlights used H7 bulbs but the Depo Headlights used H4 bulbs so u would have to buy some H4 bulbs.
first off unplug the corner lights and headlights. remove the corner lights first. when u have it off pull out the old socket and use it on the new corner lights. loosen up the 3 screws that holds the headlights and there u go. might have to wiggle the headlights around just a little to remove it. SIMPLE! took me 30-45mins to install.

·
Registered
159 Posts
heres a before and after picture of my SLK320. loving the Depo Black Housing Headlights which goes well with a Black car.
They look "AWESOME". Turns the bug eyes into a Sports Car.
Wish the set I bought would install on mine. Unfortunately mine is an OEM Xenon set-up and they can not "plug and play" swap out for any aftermarket lights I've seen. I did buy a set exactly the same as yours and I was warned they would not work in my car, but I went ahead and tried anyway. They will not work in a OEM Xenon set-up car. Now they are expensive dust catchers.

Nice to see how they would have looked anyway.

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
They look "AWESOME". Turns the bug eyes into a Sports Car.
Wish the set I bought would install on mine. Unfortunately mine is an OEM Xenon set-up and they can not "plug and play" swap out for any aftermarket lights I've seen. I did buy a set exactly the same as yours and I was warned they would not work in my car, but I went ahead and tried anyway. They will not work in a OEM Xenon set-up car. Now they are expensive dust catchers.

Nice to see how they would have looked anyway.

Rob
Rob, take a couple of pics and post a thread to try and sell them in SLK Part For Sale, here: SLK Parts For Sale - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question-- did you have to do anything for your US spec car other than use the included relay? Trying to install a set on my 2001 SLK320 but have 2 issues- A) warning light with high beams and B) no ability to flash high beams if low beams not turned on. Seems to be A) missing resistor issue for warning light and B) incorrect relay for the no high beam flash function. Thank-you!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,667 Posts
Quick question-- did you have to do anything for your US spec car other than use the included relay? Trying to install a set on my 2001 SLK320 but have 2 issues- A) warning light with high beams and B) no ability to flash high beams if low beams not turned on. Seems to be A) missing resistor issue for warning light and B) incorrect relay for the no high beam flash function. Thank-you!
fyi this thread is 3 years old
please use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post you wish to reference or ask a question of or reply to

members might not be active anymore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.