Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Installed an android Head unit question on battery/changing fuses

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  55AMGcrook 
#1 ·
I recently replaced my NTG1 command unit with an android head unit and after researching I found out that it may start draining the battery slowly. I watched a video where how I had to power the unit would also mean swapping to 2 fuses to stop any battery drain. Has anyone every come across this or knows what fuses need to swapped?

My head unit is powered by the original connection from the ntg1 and I have another red wire being powered from the cigarette lighter. I have checked my voltage from the car and it does seem to drop very slowly. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

#4 ·
What unit did you go with???
Planning on an upgrade to mine
Looking and researching
Thanks and best of luck
Here's the one I got. I had to get a most decoder to use with the stock amp. I'm still undecided if I would recommend this one as I am still testing some apps with it to make things work smoothly. Having some problems with using android auto which is my go to. Hope this helps.

Android 9 Car Radio Car Sat Nav for Mercedes Benz SLK R171 W171 Car Stereo 9 Inch Touch Display Car Media Player Support Screen Mirror Bluetooth Steering Wheel Control Amazon.com

#3 ·
All SLK's will slowly drain power not just from your head unit but also other accessories, as this is to keep memory and settings, best bet is install a good brand trickle charger for the battery that has auto cut off and voltage sensor features.
As a rule all SLK should have this to keep your battery healthy. If you car doesn't start after 3 to 4 months of being parked then you have something abnormal. I run dash cams, constantly use my Smarttop module all the time without starting the car, AMKT head units, and security monitor so I trickle charge after 3 months of not driving.
hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.