Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2014 SLK 55 AMG (R172) and have a few questions about the Windrestrictor. The pictures I typically see show the product either installed or before installation. What I don't see is any pictures of the wiring for the power supply for the R172 (12V plug, battery supply, dimmer switches, on/off switches, etc). So I am wondering what the finished installation for power and controls looks like? For example, do I have exposed wires from the rear to the front where the 12V cigarette lighter is? Do I have to drill the dash to mount on/off switch or dimmer switch? Basically I would want my installation to look as clean as possible without a lot of dangling wires, mismatched toggle switches, or controls installed with double stick tape that make the installation look like someone's add-ons. Do you have pics of what these options look like when they are finished installed?

Also my car has MB's Parktronics which has the rear sensor indicator in the approximate location where the Windrestrictor would be. Would this interfere with installation?

Thank you,

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you for the response. Do you have a pic of the ELK and Dimmer control that I would be mounting inside the armrest? How do these controllers mount in the armrest (screw in, tape in, velcro, etc.)?

·
Vendor
3,782 Posts
sure! send me over an email and I'll try to get you as much as I can. This way we can go back and forth if you need any further assistance. I try to get on here as much as I can but we have 14 other vehicles to monitor daily. [email protected]

Or, always feel free to call me up 972-487-5987 we stand behind our products 100% :tu:

Stephen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure! send me over an email and I'll try to get you as much as I can. This way we can go back and forth if you need any further assistance. I try to get on here as much as I can but we have 14 other vehicles to monitor daily. [email protected]

Or, always feel free to call me up 972-487-5987 we stand behind our products 100% :tu:

Stephen
Thanks, email sent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts