Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First post on the forum. Can somebody help whit some instructions how to install the Piecha diffuser on an slk55amg r171 I have read about cutting parts of the OM bumper etc but it's a bit unclear exactly what kind of procedure you must take to fitt the difusor.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

If you have the Piecha rear diffuser, then I know of another member ( @Col ) near me that has one fitted. I think he had someone else do the fitting, because it needed part of the existing bumper to be cut away. I've tagged Col here so that he can reply and comment when he sees the post. Perhaps other members might reply too.

In the meantime, as a new member, could you please do a couple of things to get yourself settled into the forum properly, as follows:

Update your location and vehicle in profile please...
First please update your profile with your location and vehicle (year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300, 320, 350, 55), if you haven’t already done so, as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
Follow this to update: ‘User CP’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’ (and then click ‘SAVE CHANGES’ button at the bottom of the page). Info in your garage does not update your profile.

and post a brief intro thread, so that other members can welcome you too...
Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already:
This intro can be as brief or as detailed as you like. Just something to introduce yourself, and which SLK you have (perhaps also why you bought an SLK), would be perfect, thanks!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
    FREE!! How to get a free data card!
  • If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
  • If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
  • Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
  • Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
  • New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
  • Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
Thank you
Dave

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks, looks managable, do you now were the best position for ataching screws?
cant help you with screws but love the pieacha stuff just ordered an exhaust for my 350 171 the deff will be the next thing ill get I already have the piecha rear spoiler and power converter

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,510 Posts
Yes it's all good stuff! I also have the DRLs which are very good!

Regarding fixing the diffusor bonding if done correctly should be all you need. If you want to use screws it will take careful planning. There is thickish upper lip on the item which you could probably get some self tapping screws into. The item is made from grp and could possibly crack if you don't drill pilot holes first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.