Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone on the forum:)

Afetr some studying it seems as though EVERYONE is faced with the dreaded peeling paint issue with their SLKs.

After prolonging it for a VERY long time, my new job has forced me to park my car outside. It seems the heat from the afternoon sun, has speeded up the paint degradation process. After some research and some tinkering, it seems taking apart the dash and center console seems to be a BIG undertaking, especially if you do not have a garage! I actually live in a condo with very SMALL, dimly lit parking area.

So I have decided to take baby steps and start with the interior door handles. Following the SLK encyclopedia, I managed to pull of the first half of the door handle and managed to remove the 2 large screws. Question is, do I have to remove the WHOLE door panel to remove the 2nd half of the door handle? It seems like I can see the teeth of some more screws with the screw head being accessible from the inside of the door panel, removed.:confused:

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the reply, very much appreciate it.
I figured as much, it seems I'll have to just get the front half covered and wait to do the "Back" half as I have already sanded them:(.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.