Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! i wanted to know if anyone can give me any suggestions on lowering my car. I just want to lower it a little bit. Any suggestions on springs? parts? and if anyone is from socal then any place i can take it to? Also what would i be looking at as far as cost? Last question would it void my entire warranty or just the suspension warranty? Sorry for all the questions but im new to this. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
hey everyone! i wanted to know if anyone can give me any suggestions on lowering my car. I just want to lower it a little bit. Any suggestions on springs? parts? and if anyone is from socal then any place i can take it to? Also what would i be looking at as far as cost? Last question would it void my entire warranty or just the suspension warranty? Sorry for all the questions but im new to this. Any advice would be great! Thanks!
There are a few choices for springs, I would recommend H&R or Brabus, H&R is a little stiffer and lower, Brabus drops it an inch and retain factory ride. Brabus is a little bit more expensive, ~$400 while H&R is about $100 less. There should be alot of places to lower your SLK in SoCal, I did it myself and it's not that difficult, expect to pay $250 and up, it's about a four hour job. I can't see how springs will damage your suspension, your dealer will have to proof within a reasonable doubt that it's your springs that cause the problem. So yes it will void only your suspension warranty. I would not worry to much about it.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
where in SoCal? Brabus is the recommended place, but it's not too complicated a job, there are a lot of shops that can do it. Brabus or Eibach are pretty much the same. H&R is a significant drop and will make it more difficult to fit rims/tires in the future.

Do you have the sport package now, or the regular springs? I'm not sure what was available with the launch edition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where in SoCal? Brabus is the recommended place, but it's not too complicated a job, there are a lot of shops that can do it. Brabus or Eibach are pretty much the same. H&R is a significant drop and will make it more difficult to fit rims/tires in the future.

Do you have the sport package now, or the regular springs? I'm not sure what was available with the launch edition.
i live in huntington beach. ill check out brabus. i have the sport package i think. I have the 17" alloy rims with the front aprons. How much drop is the h&r vs the brabus? Thanks again for your input

·
3,053 Posts
Brabus is about an inch drop, H&R is just over 1.5 inches, and noticably stiffer.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
H&R is a lot cheaper than Brabus with a similar result ;)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have Eibach sprinsg, which give a decent drop and maintain ride comfort, but arent as low as H&R.
basically get a set of lowering springs, this will solve your height problem and won't effect warranty or make any mechanical errors to the car.
coilovers is another option and is a much better set up but is more expensive and i don't feel the slk requires such an extravagant set up.

oh yeh and welcome to the site and congrats on yuor 350!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have Eibach sprinsg, which give a decent drop and maintain ride comfort, but arent as low as H&R.
basically get a set of lowering springs, this will solve your height problem and won't effect warranty or make any mechanical errors to the car.
coilovers is another option and is a much better set up but is more expensive and i don't feel the slk requires such an extravagant set up.

oh yeh and welcome to the site and congrats on yuor 350!!
hey thanks!! im glad i found this forum dedicated just to slk's!! i love it! im actually looking into the h&r's now.

·
3,053 Posts
wow, you are a night owl too? or just excited with the forum? when did you get your car?

·
3,053 Posts
about 10 months ago.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ive had mine 10 months also.
its 11.23am where i am. i always just leave slkworld open in work, so when i have 5 mins just cruise the forum. really helps clear the head from time to time during the day.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
welcome SLKBabe. there's a small group of so cal members that meets up periodically for day trip and outings. be sure to watch the events thread as we usually do our planning there. we'd love to have you join us!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill keep an eye out on the events thread! thanks everyone once again for all your input.

if anyone here is from socal and can recommend/refer me to a good shop to get the h&r's and have them installed. Preferably a place that you go to yourself or have gotten work done by them. Thanks again guys!Y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea i actually am going to get the h&r's. I'll post new pics once i get it done. I think it'll look hot!! i want to get the amg side skirts too. i like how they look versus the one i have on mine. But one mod at a time for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.