Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm used to seeing some sort of sticker on the door jam, under the hood or on the windshield that a service was done and when the next is due. Is the indication on the command tab indicating which service and how many miles the only one a dealership uses? seems strange since service is 10,00 miles or 12 months, and the few miles some people put on there SLKs 12 months is likely to occur first.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Using the steering wheel buttons, cycle through the menu until you see your Miles. After that, use the up and down arrow keys and cycle through the menus. You will see what service is due next and how many miles until then. I believe the timer is set for every 13,000 miles.

I don't know if there is a hidden timer that tells you if 12 months is up first.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
ASSYST PLUS - which all R171's are fitted with - keeps track of your next service due. At <30 days, it swaps from 'Service XX due in XXXX miles' to 'Service XX due in YY days".

Do keep in mind if your battery goes flat, it stops counting!

In the UK, you also get a "Service Stamp" in your service booklet - having FMBSH adds value to your car when you go to sell it.

All maintenance done after 2005 is supposed to be uploaded to FDOK, the global Mercedes service database.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.