Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned this not long after I joined the forum. This, is a picture of the entrance to our short narrow cul-de-sac, that I took on my way out this afternoon. Anything wider than a standard car has to mount the kerb to get past that white van, that appears to have replaced the volvo that is usually there. My neighbour destroyed the valve on one of her wheels trying to squeeze past it on Monday and it caused her no end of bother. The locking wheel nut wasn't working and it took another neighbour over 2 hours to get the wheel off. She wasn't due to be paid until next week and simply couldn't afford to call somebody out.

The man is unapproachable, we have had personal dealings with his family in the past as they decided to make false claims about me to the RSPCA, not sure why, and they also I believe were the same people who reported us to the police as suspected drug dealers.

The council simply aren't interested. I'm just glad my car is narrow enough to squeeze past.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
they shouldnt be surprised if their tires go mysteriously flat should they?? what jerks...the death of manners is worldwide I'm afraid...just watch what happens when an elevator door opens and folks crowd on before those in the car are able to get out...happens everyday at work...just rude

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and the elderly lady who lives in the first house oppostite where they are parked had collapsed sometime in the last 24 hours, so an ambulance had to get down there past those cars, it was parked in the street when I got home this evening. I had to mount the kerb to get past the ambulance, but that's fine, they're a wide vehicle and weren't being inconsiderate.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a public road but the council told me that as there are no parking restrictions in the road, they can do nothing about it. They just weren't interested. I'm not the only person in the street to contact them about it either.

I think my neighbour (with the busted valve) is still hassling people to come round here and have words with him. The most annoying thing is they have unused parking on the property and gates to access it. It's just laziness pure and simple.

When squeezing past him the other day, my husband gesticulated, quite clearly demonstrating the shoddy parking, and the bloke just smiled and waved at him! Then folded his wing mirror in.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
inconsiderate people are bullies... and it breeds contempt. What goes around comes around, so one of these days, when that particular person is out going about his business, another person just like him or worse will do something to tick him off. Nothing you can do without becoming what you most despise!

Of course, the alternative would be to placing bird feeders near where the car is parked. Nothing wrong with being a naturalist and promoting wildlife conservation!

Hopefully something will happen where he will need the expert knowledge of you and or your family... and there you've got the upper hand.

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Unfortunately ignorance and selfishness seems to be a spreading plague nowadays !!

Shame someone with a big , old lorry doesn't need to get by , re-arranging the side of his car , know anyone ??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slickBenzGirl;369507 said:
inconsiderate people are bullies... and it breeds contempt. What goes around comes around, so one of these days, when that particular person is out going about his business, another person just like him or worse will do something to tick him off. Nothing you can do without becoming what you most despise!
I have seen this happen twice in my working career, so I completely agree with you. I'm a firm believer in karma, I wouldn't go out and damage the man's car no matter how much he annoys me, as this would just drag me down to his level. I like the bird feeding idea though....

And we do get a bin lorry down the road twice a week, they must have to mount the kerb but I guess it's their job, and not their wheels so they don't mind as much as we do.

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
If you have a spare car that you don't use often, wait until he moves the vehicle and is away. Then, park YOUR car in the very same spot, but maybe moved over a bit so others can get around. Leave that car there permanently or as long as you can. Heck, it would almost be worth it to go out and buy an old clunker, 300.00-400.00, just so you can park it the way you want to and take up that space! :mad:

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,785 Posts
It baffles me how some people can be so inconsiderate of others. I really don't know what I would do if I had to live with that on a daily basis...there must to be a remedy for this behavior.

Calling the RSPCA for ??? and police for drug dealing??? Seriously, what kind of psycho does that?

Maybe something like this, but it's probably a little too nice for this guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have a spare car that you don't use often, wait until he moves the vehicle and is away. Then, park YOUR car in the very same spot, but maybe moved over a bit so others can get around. Leave that car there permanently or as long as you can. Heck, it would almost be worth it to go out and buy an old clunker, 300.00-400.00, just so you can park it the way you want to and take up that space! :mad:
This is genius! I bet most of the neighbours would chip in to do this! I've got a car in our garage that's been off-road for over 3 years so could easily stick it out there. I could whack it up the kerb a bit. General concensus is if he put two wheels up on the kerb he'd be bothering nobody, as nobody uses the footpath.

This has been going on for years now, it's bloody infuriating.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Calling the RSPCA for ??? and police for drug dealing??? Seriously, what kind of psycho does that?

Maybe something like this, but it's probably a little too nice for this guy.
Apparently we had 30 cats, and regularly threw them out of upstairs windows. And we had a skunk in the house. We had at the time, 5 cats, none of which I threw out of any window. And yes, we had a skunk, the RSPCA inspector loved the skunk. We still have a skunk, and a very loud Macaw but nobody has ever complained about him.

And we have cameras on the house, no apparent jobs (Mr P works for himself from home and I quit my teaching job two years ago), big dogs, and nice cars and bikes so we are quite obviously dealing drugs.

This is why I'd prefer to deal with the man officially if it was ever possible, as he just isn't approachable on any level.

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
I can't wait to hear what the neighbors say about giving him "a taste of his own medicine". Of course if he is really an a$$hole, he might just park in van (or his Volvo) the same way but further down the cul-de-sac

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
...they must have to mount the kerb but I guess it's their job...
Y'all over the pond really have a way with words! that kind of has a different meaning over here in Cali! I'm really pushing for the bird idea however!

This is genius! I bet most of the neighbours would chip in to do this! I've got a car in our garage that's been off-road for over 3 years so could easily stick it out there. I could whack it up the kerb a bit. General concensus is if he put two wheels up on the kerb he'd be bothering nobody, as nobody uses the footpath.

This has been going on for years now, it's bloody infuriating.
However, I think this is the most logical choice, and it doesn't entail property damage, etc. You're just exercising your neighborly rights to park your vehicle on the side of the public road, just like everyone else. I thoroughly agree that talking this over with the allies (your friendly neighbors who are infuriated by this guy's disregard for neighborly respect) and formulating a plan to round-robin parking a "taking up space" car in his spot when he's gone, would be fair play.

I can't wait to hear what the neighbors say about giving him "a taste of his own medicine". Of course if he is really an a$, he might just park in van (or his Volvo) the same way but further down the cul-de-sac
... not if everyone gets together and parallel parks all their non-daily driver cars one after another all the way down the street.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Don't forget if you park an old banger there, it will need to be taxed, insured & MOT'd, else you will get locked up, unlike the miscreant who should be done for obstruction :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts