Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,468 Posts
Congratulations. PLease update your profile to include your SLK (y)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,167 Posts
Enjoy your new grin factor.
Don't miss out on top down at night and in the white stuff.

Worth it for the looks on other drivers alone, in their full artic gear vs my fleece.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
94,991 Posts
enjoy that r171

Since you have a 55, these might interest you
My mods - also check my albums in my profile
and my videos in the 'Driving Stories' section

Kleemann Supercharger:

Kleemann ECU Tune and Headers:

Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential (LSD):

Carbon Fiber Diffuser:

Carbon Fiber Air Brakes/Side Vents

Driving stories section:

My albums:

FREE GIFT! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). If looking for a car, get the options before you buy!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
135 Posts
You won’t regret it mate. I have owned mine for over three years and I still can’t wipe the smile of my face. Life is for living, no room for regrets. Enjoy your 55.
Looking forward to picking up my new (well, new to me at least), R171 55 ('06) this saturday. Took some invaluable advice from this exceptional forum and have decided to drive what I want and to hell with the road tax. Cant wait to get some filming done.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
827 Posts
Hi and welcome from St Augustine FL. Have fun and enjoy the ride

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all, thanks for all your comme8. Got the car today and am delighted as is my wife, after 4 months researching. All seems fine apart from the passenger door window not sealing against the rear quarter light window, which will let in damp and rain. Have temp fixed and alerted dealer who suggested an up an down oc the roof mech but to no avail. Not seen this before.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
94,991 Posts
see this
Hi all, thanks for all your comme8. Got the car today and am delighted as is my wife, after 4 months researching. All seems fine apart from the passenger door window not sealing against the rear quarter light window, which will let in damp and rain. Have temp fixed and alerted dealer who suggested an up an down oc the roof mech but to no avail. Not seen this before.
View attachment 571840

tell em about this tdb

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,475 Posts
Congrats on the 55 (y)

I've seen that problem with Your rear quarter window before....
With the passenger door open, can You pull the glass into place, to close the gap?

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Trev, I'll try that today thanks. What really concerns me though is
1. I know the car has been outside at the dealers for a while. Therefore where does the water go and I am in danger of finding I've got a rotten panel in a years time or so? I can't find out how long it's been like it so it's a worry.
2. Might it be grounds for returning for them to ascertain any water ingress.
Hope you are well, and thanks

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,475 Posts
Possibly a clean of the rubber seals that the the glass pushes into & some "Gummi Pflege" may help:
Amazon Link: nextzett 91480615 Rubber Care Stick, 100 Ml, White: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
(A general "Gummi Pflege" or similar of all the roof rubber seals is time well worth spent on Your SLK (y))

The case I saw wasn't as bad as Yours - may have needed adjustment, but just seemed as though the motor didn't have enough oomph to get the glass to push into the roof seals.... :unsure:
(Hence why it could be pulled into place while the door was open..)

Yes, I'd check for wet carpets ASAP, as there is wiring & connectors under the carpet...!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts