Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CEL (yellow) came on about a week ago, then went out for a day, then came back on yesterday. So, I am sitting at the dealership here waiting (says it should take about 1 1/2 hours, they are very busy) and couldn't help but to wander into the showroom. Ya know, the 172 is starting to look better to me now. Certainly, the scooch more room is nice, and the upgraded conveniences would certainly be nice. Hmmmmm.........should I?????? I really like my 171, but they do have a 172 here in Diamond White, with Black seats and white stitching,..........it would be nice to have a cupholder that I am can use, but with a payoff of only around $20K on my 2010 with 5K miles on it, thats a lot of dough for a cup of joe :) .............should I?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,418 Posts
Not now. I would wait for the second/third production year when most of the bugs have been worked out/fixed.

Reactions: Stinger

·
Registered
622 Posts
people keep going on about the second and third years and its a bit of a kick!, I would have to say there is not much wrong with my year 1 172............. all seems great up to now..........

sure someone will chime in here but each to their own eh.............

yeah sure they are bound to facelift it etc, but there is nothing like getting the lates model on the road and seeing people look at it and think whats that!, even seen a few SLK owners look at it who are obviously not as enthusiats as us lot who are clearly wondering about it

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
I'm with Etyu...wait a year or do...partly to see if any gremlins pop up, partly to see if you warm up to the new look, and lastly to avoid taking a huge beating on depreciation...

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
The CEL (yellow) came on about a week ago, then went out for a day, then came back on yesterday. So, I am sitting at the dealership here waiting (says it should take about 1 1/2 hours, they are very busy) and couldn't help but to wander into the showroom. Ya know, the 172 is starting to look better to me now. Certainly, the scooch more room is nice, and the upgraded conveniences would certainly be nice. Hmmmmm.........should I?????? I really like my 171, but they do have a 172 here in Diamond White, with Black seats and white stitching,..........it would be nice to have a cupholder that I am can use, but with a payoff of only around $20K on my 2010 with 5K miles on it, thats a lot of dough for a cup of joe :) .............should I?
Waiting does seem like a good idea, at least for some sales/promotions. Which CEL code did you have?

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CEL turned out to be the outside temperature gauge again. But she got a nice wash while at the dealership and I am happy to say that I left with my beautiful R171 2LOOK edition. As or even more beautiful than the 172, just as much fun and a whole lot more ducats in my pockets. Thanks everyone for keeping me in line!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,576 Posts
that temp gauge sure likes to fall out! my 05 350 had it 3 times and the 09 had it once

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.