Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC300
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just giving this subject a bump...

Here's a suggested list of things that should be left in the car, hopefully you won't need to use them.

First aid car kit, (checked ours, expires 2021)
Phone charger left in the car, not necessarily left intact when not in use.
High-Vis vests, (interestingly enough, people are selling the mercedes ones which come in a small rolled yellow bag for about £4.00) EvilBay
Multifunction mini multi tool. (Like a pen knife with extras)(Usually no longer than 4 inches). Check Evilbay and Amazon. Most come with a pouch.
Detailing torch, perhaps Ledeak T6 LED torch or similar. The Ledeak is very bright and would be useful for general use. This torch has a blink option (useful for waving down a passing car). Amazon
Medication in suitable pouch. Personal recommendation.
Change that Microfibre cloth or round Microfibre pads regularly on rotation.
Long journeys, I will take Autoglym 'Fast Glass' window cleaner out of it proprietary bottle and put some in a sample bottle.
£10 in coins placed and left in Ashtray
Very small notebook and 2B pencil (obviously not a pen) with elastic band around both.

Any other suggestions?

Seyley

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,153 Posts
+
Spare sunglasses
Spare hat
Compact road map for that one occasion when the SAT NAV can't quite do it's stuff
Couple of black bin liners for passengers with dirty shoes/boots or wet coats etc.
Microfibre blanket for those less than hardy passengers.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Other than the first aid kit, some tools, and a 2D Maglight (can be used for improvised defense or as a hammer), I always have heavy gloves and a large heavy towel in the car. Can use the towel as a blanket, wrap a spare tire inside, or transport injured animals.

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,171 Posts
Other than the first aid kit, some tools, and a 2D Maglight (can be used for improvised defense or as a hammer), I always have heavy gloves and a large heavy towel in the car. Can use the towel as a blanket, wrap a spare tire inside, or transport injured animals.
I have about 5 Maglights (mostly gifts) from a little AAA though to my 5D Maglight - it replaced my baton when I was in the police force......I've had it since about 1984 (I've recently upgraded it to LED) - good kit. Also have one of the more modern LED-Lenser units. Problem with all is that I never use them.

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,171 Posts
Full set of tools?
Wheel stops?
Bottle Jack?
Jumper leads?
Towrope?
Flashing beacon....
OBD diagnostic tool............

·
Registered
62 Posts
Paper towel roll in the trunk. Never know when you will need it. Fits nicely in the cutout behind the wheel well :)

Bottle of water.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
Globes / fuses, I have a spectacle case full of spare globes and a few fuses, in my glove box.
Auxillary belt that was removed when I replaced it sits behind my spare wheel.
Umbrella, a tiny , collapsing umbrella fits snugly beside my seat under the height adjuster
Fire Extinguisher, In its bracket which is cable-tied in front of passenger seat.

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
660 Posts
Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff. -Slim Pickens as Major T. J. "King" Kong, Dr. Strangelove <ducking>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts