Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been enquiring about a few imported cars recently and have noticed that insurance is higher for an import.
also cars from Japan have no underseal, so on our roads they rust quickly with the salt.
Is there any other country taht doesnt salt their roads? never thought about this before until it was recently brought to my attention.
sorry about random thread.:bannana:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I have been enquiring about a few imported cars recently and have noticed that insurance is higher for an import.
also cars from Japan have no underseal, so on our roads they rust quickly with the salt.
Is there any other country taht doesnt salt their roads? never thought about this before until it was recently brought to my attention.
sorry about random thread.:bannana:
They used salt before but I have not seen them being used lately, it's gravel and sand here. Salt eats up the asphalt and is more costly to repair. I only see salt being used on sidewalks.

Speaking of insurance, I still can't believe how cheap it is to insured my SLK. My agent said, it's b/c MB's are safe, hard to steal, and has low rates of accidents.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i wish my insurance is almost 10% of the cost of my car per year. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.