Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused::confused:My wif jus got her a mini cumputer that fits in her hand. Says it does all kinda stuff same as tha biggun does. Since Im a boy an cannot be out did by no gurl, I need sum avice frum ya'll puter gurus. What is these thangs an what ones tha best,,, today? :hail::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
:confused::confused::confused:Mah wif jus got her a mini cumputer thet fits in her han'. Says it does all kinda stuff same as tha trimenjusgun does. On account o' Im a fella an kinnot be out did by no gurl, ah need sum avice frum ya'll puter gurus. Whut in tarnation is these thangs an whut ones tha best,,, today? :hail::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Buy an Abacus ! Fry mah hide!! - they cornfuse th' fek outta me - failin' thet, check out Dell - I've got a Dell wireless PDA which has mo'e pootin power than mah upstairs pooter! !

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dell, Otay what kinda Dell? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
17,375 Posts
Dell, Otay what kinda Dell? :biglaugh::biglaugh:
I've got a Dell Axim X51v - wireless, bluetooth, excellent graphics - yo' kin surf th' net wif a tiny li'l thin' in yer pocket - an', eff'n yer in th' habit of gittin lost in yer heliochopper, yo' kin git a satnag plugin fo' it too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Wooly, Ima luukin at them now. :hail:

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I bought on of these PDA's when they first came out, cant stand them I preffer a laptop or a regular desktop.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Your a guy. You have to out do your wife. That means latest and greatest. Plus, you could use this while flying like a regular PC. Here you go...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/18/mossberg-reviews-samsung-q1-ultra-finally-an-acceptable-choice/
I hope Walt is a better writer than he is a speaker...could stand a public speaking course.

I've always been partial to the Axim and was considering it as a multi-purpose flight navigator since it supposedly works well with blue-tooth GPS. Any comments on that Woolly?

It's comparitively much less expensive than a Garmin or Lowrance with WX capabilities. And I'll be able to use Office products with it as well.

We'll see.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ya'll, Im going to the guru store tomorrow to hold each model and cipher if it will help me at all. Them thangs are mighty small an seein them little letters may be a problem fur an ole man. Far as usin while flyin,,,the helo has all I need, anything else will just be another distraction. Information overload so to speak. Can U magine cumin back to earth 100 yars frum now, what a shock we would have. Fer me, makin copies without carbon paper is still hard to cipher, some of U don't know what carbon paper is.....:confused::confused::confused::biglaugh: Sendin words over the phone line, won't ever git that one. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I still have a carton of unused carbon paper and a portable mechanical typewriter from 25+ years ago.

·
17,375 Posts
I've always been partial to the Axim and was considering it as a multi-purpose flight navigator since it supposedly works well with blue-tooth GPS. Any comments on that Woolly?
Kev, as you know, I fly a Rallye ST2, - minimum Avionics - radio, and thats bout it - use maps to fly by, use the Axim GPS not for positioning, just for locating myself on the maps - good points - huge battery life and superb graphics, bad points (might get flame
d on this) - total lack of good third party software.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Kev, as you know, I fly a Rallye ST2, - minimum Avionics - radio, and thats bout it - use maps to fly by, use the Axim GPS not for positioning, just for locating myself on the maps - good points - huge battery life and superb graphics, bad points (might get flame
d on this) - total lack of good third party software.
I've seen where "Anywhere Map" is pretty good for PDA use utilizing a GPS receiver. I certainly wouldn't try to fly instrument by it, but being I'm new to Germany flying-wise it could be pretty helpful. I'd be interested in knowing how "Anywhere WX" works with it too.

The only software I'd want besides GPS stuff is MS Office and they make a version for PDAs.

A descent stand alone color moving map GPS would cost about $1500 (Garmin 296, I'm partial to Garmin :D) I can get the Axim and the software I need for less than half that!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went to tha puter stores today. Now I am fused. Think I will stick wid my laptop for travelin. Lest I kin see the keys on it. It does luuk funny sittin on the cup holder of the SLK ridin down tha road but its bettern nuthin and folks take a secund look,,,, often,,,,((Luuk at the dumb a-- wid a laptop puter on his dash, aint he heared of a map?))))) In 1950 when they waz handin out brains,,, I thought they waz hollarin trains,,, so I asked for a slow steady one. Got zactly what I asked fur....:tazz::tazz::tazz:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.