Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After much looking i have eventally found an SLK which for the price etc im happy to purchase. The list of options is great and millege is also very good.

My last car beening an Exige and before that a VX220 Turbo im looking for something with good performance but the comforts to which I feel a SLK will be perfect for me.

It's a 2004 SLK (350)

just wondering when I view it (hopefully take it away) what do I have to look out for?

Could you please provide some tips?

Im new to these cars.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
986 Posts
are you in the UK?

am guessing from the previous cars!

I've done the same as you and have now built up a little knowledge about the car.

let us know specifics if you can.

If you are worried about having the car bought out from under, no one on here is going to do that, but if still worried email me directly.

Can you at least list the spec and mileage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UOTE=Adamantium;113336]are you in the UK?

am guessing from the previous cars!

I've done the same as you and have now built up a little knowledge about the car.

let us know specifics if you can.

If you are worried about having the car bought out from under, no one on here is going to do that, but if still worried email me directly.

Can you at least list the spec and mileage?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Only because Ive never bought one of these before and i dont know loads about them like my Lotus' and VX220's.

The Millege is 47000 (the service is due soon)
54 plate

It does the yearly servicing etc and the gentleman has had it for couple of year so its hasnt been chucked to different owners.

Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
can you tell us anything about the spec and the price.

there are a lot of crucial spec options.

heated seats
air scarf
xenons
folding mirrors
comand - I'd prefer not to have it!
auto rain sensors
wind deflector
amg body kit
amg wheels
parktronic
digital climate control

I asked this now as once you've bought it, there's little or no going back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you tell us anything about the spec and the price.

there are a lot of crucial spec options.

heated seats
air scarf
xenons
folding mirrors
comand - I'd prefer not to have it!
auto rain sensors
wind deflector
amg body kit
amg wheels
parktronic
digital climate control

I asked this now as once you've bought it, there's little or no going back.

Thanks for all your help

Here is the list of extras

"COMAND" - - - as you said SatNav/DVD player
Telephone pre-wiring
Heated seats
Airscarf
iPod integration kit
AMG bodystyling
18" AMG alloy wheels
Sports suspension
Metallic paint
Leather upholstery
6-disc CD changer
Automatic headlights
Interior lighting package

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
986 Posts
Kevin,

based on what you sent me, I think it's a little expensive for the age and mileage.

It is being bolstered by the comand and the bodykit.

Most here would rather get a cheaper car without comand and then install the newer version which is FAR better and very easily fitted.

The bodykit makes about £1k difference to the second hand price. You are missing parking sensors which are a very desirable option, but you have the de rigeur airscarf and heated seats which is nice.

I think the mileage and age is high for the price, so if I were you I'd keep looking a bit.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,433 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates, repairs and monthly expenses to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome... :)

Adam has given some good info, sounds like you may be able to do better...

Side note for Mr. Banks; Kevin hasn't bought the car yet...:biglaugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Guys,

just to let you know... I have bought the car I was looking at. im going to take Adam advice and get a 350 but put the body kit on my self... much cheaper. Just wondering has anyone got any links on the bodykits... AMG?

·
96,433 Posts
GREAT!
now........

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Kevin,

am a bit confused.

you say you bought the car but that you were going to put the bodykit on yourself.

your post above says that the car already has amg bodystyling so why do you need to fit a bodykit.

btw. I said I'd fit comand myself. I only fitted the AMG bodykit myself 1) because it was a 55 bodykit, not the amg sport bodykit, and 2) because it very cheap.

If you can find a typical AMG bodykit, once painted and installed based on normal second hand prices, you won't see much change from £2.5k. That to me isn't worth it.

If you buy a car with the bodykit already on it, which does look much better, you are talking in the region of an extra £1000 on the second hand value.

·
96,433 Posts
3rd request:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.