Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have been here for a few days and thought I would introduce myself. I just recently purchased a 05 SLK55 with 38k miles. Didn't really look at them because I thought they were out of my price range but happened to find one used at a local chevy dealer 0.5 miles from my house.

The SLK is exactly what I was looking for in my daily driver...something that stands out, comfortable, and fast. The vert part and intoxicating exhaust note is just iceing on the cake. Unfortunately my car has none of the options but I am going to try to add the auto climate control and maybe OEM HIDs soon. I do have Air Scarf but not sure if that is standard or optional on the AMG.

I am loving the car in every way so far, the tires on it are a bit noisy but that's what you get with GY GS-D3 and BFG KDW's.

Anyway that's about it.

Pics:
3/4 Shot
3/4 Shot
Back

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Welcome Vitamin T (I may have stated this before in another thread). Cool pix of your ride. :tu:

Airscarf is an option and not standard even on the 05 AMG. When you switch to OEM HID, do remember to have the dealer program through their SDS (Star Diagnostics System) that HID=present.

Some things to ponder for the future: Green Filters and SmartTop Roof Module.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I should have mentioned, it looks like the previous owner installed green filters. I will have to look into the smart top module.

Any good places to buy oem parts. In the past I have been able to find actual dealers that do a lot of web based sales at say 30% off of what my local dealer wants. I just would rather not send western union to some guy I don't know in germany like some of the ebay venders want and am a little affraid to find what my local dealer wants for a set of headlights.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Hi (again) VitaminT. Beautiful SLK 55. Isn't that Crimson Tide Red? I hope your a Tide fan with that color and not a War Eagle. I recently purchased a used 2005 SLK 55 in FireMist Red. I love that color. Interesting set of wheels. I didn't realize the SLK 55 came with as many standard items that are optional on the SLK 280 or 350. Good idea going with the factory light assemblies. That will make the swap, a snap. They're over $2000 for the set through the dealer. There is a eBay link on eBay for a seller who sells all types of HID light assemblies. You'll spend $1299 plus shipping, but they're advertised as being brand new. That would be my recommendation. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the digital climate control unless I could get it cheap. Enjoy your SLK 55.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Orig-BI-XENON-headlights-Mercedes-SLK-R171-NEW-AMG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ010QQitemZ200064122421QQtcZphoto

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Nice color VitaminT! Welcome to SLKWorld!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey VitaminT, you car looks like a great deal! I think you have after market wheels also, but I couldn't see brand. I have auto-climate control which is nice, but I end up controlling the temp like crazy, because quite frankly, after the car cools off, I don't want that much a/c blowing on me. I like the heat here in the south. For quieter tires, I recommend the Potenza Pole Position or similar Potenza tire that you can find on the link to Tirerack.

Enjoy your car!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for all the comments guys. The wheels were on it when I got it. BBS RA's 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 Tires are a bit stretched which I am not a fan of but they don't rub at all and that is more important.

Went to Callaway Gardens today in Georgia with the top down. It was so nice in the shade of all the trees, nice winding roads through the woods.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.