Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'll be back on the 21st, but on a TIGHT schedule, flying in and flying out pretty much, would love to meet up with some of you guys, but I have my car in hibernation, and it won't be ready to move till Sunday morning, and I'll be away again before the next weekend.

Anyone up for a meetup? Would love to go up to the mountains for a cruise, or a relaxed PCH run (i'll be running the mountains all week myself anyway).

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,598 Posts
Were you gone? LOL!!!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Hey Ed, we had a meet-up at Castaic Lake planned for that weekend for a little while, but it got moved to early June. I might be able to do something on the 22nd, but the 21st is my wife's b-day and she's got all kinds of plans, so I'm out.

How was Taiwan?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Conversely, I'm out on Saturday, already have plans for that day... might be able to pull it off on Saturday only if it's a short thing in the morning, close by.
Sunday... I'm in! :)

Mt Wilson's roads are open and recently paved (no pebbles anymore), that's close by us and a fun run. I'm also open for Malibu or anywhere really.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I'm fine with Sunday. We can meet in front of the garage where the "drakon" may be rolling out. Post up a time and place.

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday sounds good (22), as that's going to be the fastest i can get my car ready anyhow. any suggestions?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I can possibly make it. GF and I were suppose to 'relax' this weekend and not make plans... but whats more relaxing then a nice drive? :)

edit.

Oh welcome back by the way :biglaugh:

·
19,400 Posts
Edward or Pablo, your call. Sunday, May 22, what time do we meet and where? I'm fine with Mt Wilson drive as I've never been.

Meet at a Coffee Bean or other coffee shop with good parking would be acceptable. Is Monrovia a good location? How about Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, 704 Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016-3614? 10 AM OK?

Tentative list (feel free to edit/add):

1. Cyberdrakon
2. Bleen
3. Slkluv
4. etyu
5. Durkatlon
6. Noober

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well, if we do Mt. Wilson we'd have to go via Big Tujunga, as other roads leading there are closed... so it wouldn't make sense to meet in Monrovia, but Sunland.
A shorter run we've done in the past would be Glendora Mountain Road, they're both good in my book.
If you guys just want to meet close to Edward's place, there's a Peet's Coffee in Hasting's ranch.

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My vote is for Mt Wilson since Eddy has yet to do it, and it'll be emptier than GMR on a Sunday.

·
19,400 Posts
May we pin down a time and place please?

·
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
19,400 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Don't move it on my account. I'm going out the night before and if I get back home too late, I won't be able to drag myself out of bed on time, even if we meet @ 10.

Last time we did Wilson I was driving well before 6am :D.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts