Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People abusing handicapped placards get huge fines at a NASCAR race. Instant Karma, $1,075 ticket on the spot!

·
Registered
997 Posts
About 16 years ago I broke both leg bones at my ankle, and dislocated what was left. I got a placard with basically no expiration. I was proud of the day I threw it away, even though I still had issues. I (rarely) see people that are truly in need of assistance, and I wouldn't want to hinder them at all. I hope I never qualify for one again, but if I do, I wouldn't mind if they were policed better.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Fantastic
I've noticed a huge increase in people presuming I'm not disabled since I've been driving the r171s.
In the past it was abuse because the older people thought I was too young to have a badge as I was 23/24 when I was first issued with my badge.
I need to open the door fully to get in any car and some nice person parked his car over the yellow lines meaning I couldn't get in. I had to wait for ages in torrential rain for him to come back where he used some colourful language and said it was my fault for being a ....... Can't repeat.
So it does not surprise me but I'm so happy that nascar and the police are doing something about it.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
I get the opposite from my parents and older relatives. At least three of my elderly relatives 'don't want to make a fuss' and therefore either won't apply for - or won't use - their blue badge over here even though they need it.

It usually means I have to park properly then use the wheelchair/frame to get them to their destination - usually walking them past the blue badge parking they're entitled to use.....

But I'm glad people get caught mis-using the badges. It almost should be standard whatever the event, wherever it's held.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts