Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior of my 1998 SLK 230 was refreshed but the chrome around my key ignition hole was scratched and looking old and tired. I struggled to find something that would fit and look good. I found this on line and it fits right over the scratched leather leaving the hole free for the key.

1pc Stainless Ignition Keyring Switch KEY Ring Cover Trim FOR Corolla 2014 2015 | eBay

I am looking for some very thin red trim now to see if I can put it on top of the chrome just as an extra little decoration. Even if the red trim doesn't fit it looks great with just the chrome trim above that fits great. It's a 100% improvement on the way it was before.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/272274711116?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,726 Posts
The interior of my 1998 SLK 230 was refreshed but the chrome around my key ignition hole was scratched and looking old and tired. I struggled to find something that would fit and look good. I found this on line and it fits right over the scratched leather leaving the hole free for the key.

1pc Stainless Ignition Keyring Switch KEY Ring Cover Trim FOR Corolla 2014 2015 | eBay

I am looking for some very thin red trim now to see if I can put it on top of the chrome just as an extra little decoration. Even if the red trim doesn't fit it looks great with just the chrome trim above that fits great. It's a 100% improvement on the way it was before.

Start Engine Push Button KEY Trim Cover FOR Mercedes Benz C Class W205 GLC X205 | eBay
you don't want red

you want this:

·
Super Moderator
11,615 Posts
Just wondering if that red ring would fit SLK55? I've found several on fleabay but not mention this model.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know, I ordered three different ones before I found one that actually fit my SLK. It ended up being for a Toyota Corolla (who knew). Unless they give dimensions, and lot of the time they don't, I just order it and see if it fits. The prices are so low that it's not a big deal if it doesn't fit.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,726 Posts
They never saw it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts