Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
If I seem more of a miserable git than usual it is because our poor baby boy, "Puss" got run over yesterday morning.

Had him for 4 beautiful years, since he was a tiny Kitten, I prefer animals to a lot of human beings.

Gutted :frown:

Rest in Peace my dear boy :crying:

Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
Sorry for your loss

My previous dogs were Max and Bender. They are on the Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
Pets ARE family, I'm so sorry.

Registered
Dave, I鈥檓 very sorry for your loss.

If I seem more of a miserable git than usual it is because our poor baby boy, "Puss" got run over yesterday morning.

Had him for 4 beautiful years, since he was a tiny Kitten, I prefer animals to a lot of human beings.
Dave,

My deepest sympathy. I鈥檝e had 4 rescued dogs and 6 rescued cats over the years, still have our latest rescues, our dog Lewis and our cat Luigi. Every time one of them passes out of this life, they leave a void in my heart I never, ever get over. They are family, and like you, closer to me than most people.
@jbanks15 鈥 thanks for the rainbow bridge story, I hope with all my heart it鈥檚 true.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the very kind words,

Yes it is definitely very hard this time because he was so young and healthy, it was a bolt from the blue :(

The only way my scrambled head can get around it is that it was simply a tragic accident :frown:

Going to take a long time this poor dear boy :crying:

Cheers Dave

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,

Once again, thank you all for the kind comments.

I still miss Puss dearly, and he will always have his special place in my heart, as all our pets over the years do, it has been a quiet week.

I didn't get a lot done between Tuesday and Thursday, just couldn't face work, luckily I was not that busy, and I turned away 1 job, which was welding up a rusty old MOT failed BMW for some random guy !!
To be fair I'd have likely turned the job down any time, as no one want's to pay enough hours to do the job properly, and patching up old "rust bucket" ELV cars is not my favourite past time :frown:

Fate then intervened on Friday, and so through a friend of a friend, Mel and I made a 120 mile round trip to Inverness on Saturday afternoon, and the 2 little monkeys in the picture below, (11 weeks old), came home with us, along with all sorts of toys and paraphernalia Saturday evening ...........................

They are settling in nicely, (manically), and whilst they will never replace our dear "Puss", they now also have a place in our hearts and have filled up the massive void in our home every day since his fatal accident.

They will not be allowed out just yet, too young, so by the time they can go out the Traffic (millions of tourists) will have gone and that main road will be quiet again.
Mel and I are going to try and teach the "new kids" to be in all night by getting them in early evening for food treats and then locking the Cat Flap for the night :wink:
The road is treated like a race track between 5 to 8 am due to folks leaving early to beat traffic !!

I am also going to look at the best way to campaign for better speed limit signage, plus a speed camera and / or traffic calming measures as there are way too many folks coming through at insane speeds, it is only a matter of time before a child gets hurt especially in the summer months with the tourists.

"Tigger" (he on the right) and "Pepper" (she on the left), both from the same litter
You can see I've already had to stand an old door along in front of Mels display cabinets at the top of the stairs, as they have already learned how to empty it in 10 seconds flat !! :-

Cheers for now, Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts