Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

I was thinking about doing the ECU re-map on my 2001 230K, and today I saw that a local company is offering a very good promotion.

The changes they are promising are:

from 197 hp / 5500rpm to 213 hp / 5590 rpm
from 280 Nm / 2500rpm to 321 Nm / 2380 rpm
from 240 km/h max speed to 244 km/h max speed
from 7.2 sec 0-100 km/h to 6.9 sec 0-100 km/h

I know it doesn't sound like much, but the price is really good - something like 170 British pounds

My question is if I decide to do it, do I have to change something else?

Will the clutch be OK, will the gearbox be OK etc

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went for a remap on my pre-facelift 230 a few months back. Didn't need anything else (except being extra careful near speed cameras). Coast me £250 and reportedly gives 193bhp-223bhp. Only disadvantage of pre-facelift is that the ECU has to be removed, un-soldered and then remapped. Really noticeable difference afterwards and since then I have done the MAF relocation (not something you need in a post-facelift)

I'd say, get it done!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
What have you been quoted for a remap?

There's a company in Bradford that charges £150. Boosts BHP by 20 and gives another 30NMs of torque.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks JazzJack, I'm regretting buying mine at the moment!

Tatts, have you had yours done? It was about the £150 mark, and apparently the power in the 200 is taken up by nearly 30bhp. Although I need to get the bl00dy thing working first. Needs the MAF replacing, which looks like being a £250 job :mad::mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah I guess so, but 163 isn't!! :mad:

People who I know who've had a remap (Bora TDI) had to have an uprated clutch as well as other various little bits and bats. Going to be an expensive do.

Can't even get my runnning correctly at the moment!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Remember though, you'll get much more of an upgrade if you remap a diesel than a petrol!

Whats wrong with your car? I can recommend a garage in Sheffield, and they have the bespoke MB computer system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you can that'd be great.

Only had it 2 months, and its already been in for a major service, new ignition coil, had 2 new tires. The service showed up that a rear brake overhaul was needed in 2k miles time, and it's currently booked in for a few hundred quids worth of bodywork.

During the service air flow was picked up on diagnstics, it was cleared and under 1k miles later its back, so now I need a new MAF.

Great start to slk ownership!

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you can that'd be great.

Only had it 2 months, and its already been in for a major service, new ignition coil, had 2 new tires. The service showed up that a rear brake overhaul was needed in 2k miles time, and it's currently booked in for a few hundred quids worth of bodywork.

During the service air flow was picked up on diagnstics, it was cleared and under 1k miles later its back, so now I need a new MAF.

Great start to slk ownership!
Their website is currently being revamped, but you can contact them using the details here. I work with the owners father :)

Tyres & brakes wear out on all cars, think yourself lucky that you don't have to change the discs & pads on a SLK55AMG - then you'd be complaining! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts