Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*Registered
2007 SLK350
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, could you please help me identify what for are the disconnected ones? And a diagram to reconnect?

I think it is something related to AC Heat ?

Thank you

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
259 Posts
Which side of the car and is the top of the pic the front? If no-one else checks in I will try to get a pic of mine.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
Hi, could you please help me identify what for are the disconnected ones? And a diagram to reconnect?

I think it is something related to AC Heat ?

Thank you
The two nipples togehter are the heater input and the one seperately should be the return line from the heater coil. See attached:

Attachments

·
*Registered
2007 SLK350
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much, for taking the time. !!!

Will try to solve this and will send pictures once it is solved.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,011 Posts
In your first picture, top-left corner, there is a red cover. Can you take a photograph from about three feet above this cover, with the camera pointing straight down? I'm looking for your duo-valve, which controls the heat.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
Here is a picture of the duo-valve. This is what you are looking for. Is it there?

Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk Audio equipment Automotive wheel system

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
Looking carefully again at the first picture, it looks like there are a lot of aftermarket hose clamps on heater hoses. If my guess is correct, the two hoses from the duo-valve have been connected to a 3-way T with the third of that 3-way having a short section of hose that connects up to the return hose. If this is correct, then a prior owner may have had a leak in the heater coil and decided to by-pass it, lose having heat, and save a bunch of cash required to take the dash apart to replace the coil. A lot assumptions here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts