Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the ride from Colorado to South Yellowstone years ago on my motorcycle. The way I went was up through Idaho. My wife and I have been talking about taking a similar trip in the new "toy", but this time instead of heading east at South Yellowstone, keep heading north to see all of Idaho.
If anyone is familiar with the sites, would appreciate any suggestions. I am looking forward to a drive along the Snake River with the top down. One thing for sure it will be in the morning when it is a little cooler, rode it on the bike around sunset, and had to have a bandana on so I could breathe. The hatch was like a haze for miles.

·
Premium Member
17,844 Posts
Have never been myself, but have friends that loved it in Coeur d'Alene. (Have always heard it pronounced as Core Da'Lane).

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Highway 2 from Spokane up through Sandpoint to the Canadian border is also quite pretty, and Dave's right that Coeur d'Alene is lovely. We haven't been through much of the lower part of Idaho yet, so I can't comment on that. The route through Sandpoint allows for a border crossing and passage through Crow's Nest Pass in British Columbia and Alberta, and that road is delightful and the scenery gorgeous. It's an excellent entry point for a tour of the Canadian Rockies via Calgary and Banff, then through Roger's Pass into south central BC.

As for lower Idaho, we'll get there in the next couple of years. We're thinking about a prehistoric road trip that takes in Dinosaur National Monument, Yellowstone, and the Museum of the Rockies in Montana along with other dinosaur sites in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts