Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:usa: Howdy,

I was rear ended today by a 1999 Ford F250 with a Large Cattle Guard in my 2000 Slk230 Mercedes, I have Full Coverage Insurance and the person who Hit me is at fault.My Question is what should I make them repair on my car to get it back to the condition it was in earlyier today.(Everything was in good wroking order)

Should I make them replace the hinges,hydrolics,lock, as well as the body peices?The Lid does not open and I just had everything adjusted by a local Mercedes Repair Shop(Last Week).:confused:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I would take your car to an official MB dealer, and have them undertake the work. Many SLKs have been written off for what looks like very light rear end damage.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,445 Posts
Sorry 2 hear about the Accident. As always Woolly is right bring it 2 the Mb and have it checked out....... Good Luck

·
Registered
333 Posts
Must be the season for damages. My SLK was hit and damaged on Sunday (05/27). I am in agreement with my fellow owners - if there is a question and especially if there is some suspected damage other than sheet metal, I would head for the MB dealership for repair or at least an assessment of the damage. Good luck!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Normally I am NOT a fan of taking them to the dealer for repair, but the SLK rear end is probably the excepting. Its such a fine tuned line between cosmetic and mechanical with the hydro system, bring it to MB and have them take care of it and charge the guys insurance.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
the dealer in san antonio will probably use Loredo body repair-they are excellent, as I speak from experience,so wouldn't worry about letting them sort it out...sorry to hear about this, the clown has insurance I hope....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
On a related note - If you don't have one I would search the forum for John's Third Brake Light Flasher. I'm not sure if he has one for the R170 but I have one on my R171 and for $40 it's a pretty economical way to do all that you can to keep that from happening again.

Hope things work out for the best - at least you'll have a shiny "boot" !

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,441 Posts
Let the body shop look the car over and they will come up with ever thing that will need replacinging. There is stuff under the skin you do not see that will require replacement. Many MB dealers do longer have body shops but can tell you who to go to that does repair for them.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I would definitely go with a Mercedes authorized body shop. Hard to tell from your photo, but if there is any possibility of frame damage, then that car must go on a jig to make sure the frame is within factory specs. Typically only a Mercedes authorized shop has access to that kind of equipment.

Len

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

:burnout:I just got a rough estimate ($4,732) from an authorized Mercedes Benz Body Shop. I will go to the Dealer and double check with them today. The Total Value of my car is about double the estimate I got, I think my car will end up getting totaled out.:td:I allready started a Claim with their Insurance and Mine as well just in case they dont want to repair my car back to the way it was before.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Good Luck.... Not sure how insurance works in Texas??? In Michigan, your insurer (since its No Fault) does an estimate for repair as part of claims process and the repair shop verifies and/or revises the estimate directly with insurer until vehicle is returned to you. If not Your Fault, no deductible or if at fault, you pay your deductible.......

As previously mentioned, alignment of body after an accident is critical for long term Top functionality!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.