Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts
Who caught you Jae? Must have been MaryKay!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friends and their Porsche club from Naples, FL did a weekend event that passed right by Daytona, and some of them stopped by to meet up with me at the local Starbucks. I got to drive with them for a few exits on the interstate. Some very nice people!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,813 Posts
Jae is more anal about keeping his car clean than Jeff...>:D

·
92,846 Posts
Impossible! Does he clean his car twice a day? I think not!
I am more anal!
I was dusting my dash while doing 185 on the crosstown!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,813 Posts
Of course your car is clean Jeff, but...I hate to say it but when it comes to being detail oriented Jae's car takes the cake!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Of course your car is clean Jeff, but...I hate to say it but when it comes to being detail oriented Jae's car takes the cake!
This is SOOOO PAINFUL !!! :surprise::crying:

·
92,846 Posts
Jae is my hero and my tormentor, er, I mean my mentor.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL

It's not how many times you clean your car a day, it's how you clean your car.
The more times you "clean" your car the wrong way, the more damage you are doing to your paint.

I'm not saying you're doing things wrong, Jeff, but let's just say I've seen your paint :)

·
92,846 Posts
Ouch Jae. Where is the love? My car is black. They ship em with swirls!
I'm not a professional detailer like you and never claimed to be and I think my car looks great.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry Jeff I didn't mean it like that HAHA

I know your car is kept cleaner than 99% of all other people most likely due to your passion for it. And that is very admirable. I for one, have immense respect for you because of it!

In all seriousness, you are 100% correct, though. Most new cars ARE shipped with swirls. They are most likely DIO's (Dealer-Installed Options) from their minimum wage car wash people on the dealer lots.

When people talk about keeping a car clean vs. having flawless paint, I think there's a little confusion where people tend to group them together into the same thing, then in reality, it isn't.

You can have a super clean car, but that doesn't mean the paint is flawless. You just have very clean scratches in your paint :)

You can have flawless paint, but that doesn't mean your car is currently clean, you could have just gotten back from a roadtrip or driven through a puddle of muddy water.

I concentrate on the paint on my car more than keeping it spotless, although I must say if you don't drive your car much like I do, it's not hard to do :)

·
92,846 Posts
I just hit 90000 today on a 7 year old car, 2009 bought May 2008

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's very impressive Jeff. I bought mine 5 years ago and I have put 7000 miles on it since. lol!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Marykay just wanted to see how we would respond to each other, that was her dangling a carrot!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts