Mercedes SLK World banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
75 Posts
Abs, asr, and many more errors. FIXED!
The first thing i want to do is to say Thx from the bottom of my heart to all guys in here.

I have been struggle with errors and limpmode and all kinds of problems. Faulty abs sensors, broken cabels, handbreak lamp.

Been to mb dealer 3 times to read and remove codes without success.

Changed alternator 2 times. Changed the crash cut-out relay.

And was close to give it up.

In the middle of everything i was talking to clive Dunnett, and he had a crash cut-out relay on his car. That one i could buy from him. 5 min later i was thinking that the asr/abs module can be faulty.. So asked him if i had that too.
And yes he had.

Soo payed about 50£ for relay and module.

It came here with mail in about 1 week to Sweden.

Changed the relay and started the car. Yes charging works. It had taken a local car repair 3 mth to not find that problem and 2 alternators.
Not special cheap i can say.

But still all those problem still exist with abs and stuff.

Disconnected all cabels again from all modules to see if any pins were broken.
But noo.
Now i was giving up...
Until today.
Well i have that abs modul.... Soo why not try it.. It cant be any worse...

Pluged it in and turned the key..

Well no lamps was lit up.
Changed from parking to drive...
NO lamps....

Is this reely happening....

Put my finger on varioroof buttom... Pulled it backwards...
And YES!!!

THE ROOF IS WORKING.

Took the car for a ride...

Everything works like a charm...

Only one small thing, the abs and another lamp is glowing... But not as bright as they do when i has the key in second place, when all lamp light up. They are leds, so can be something with those. But thats not a problem atm.

Sooo again.... A abs module for 30£ made it work. And I think that total cost on repair shops has been around 800£, with no luck.

Huge Thx everyone of you guys in here. You know who you are.

Best regards Thomas.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
12 Posts
Its something to me

I changed the air filters and changed the oil and oil filter myself today. Might not something to you but its something to me. SLK World is awesome. I'm really sorry that I cant say thank you to the person who posted the video I watched. So I'll handle it this way. To the folks that take the time out of their busy, busy lifes to give step by step instructions to me and all the others that love and cherish their SLKs. I raise my glass (alcohol or not) and I ask for all to do when they read this. We wish that all your SLK dreams come true. Thank you for all you do.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,731 Posts
I'd like to thank the 3 UK members for reporting issues with posts this week.

This is the type of support that we mods value as it makes our job that little bit easier.

So cheers to
@TonyS3
@Windinmyhair
@dbgrn

And to all the others that help us to help you.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Bump for the newbies

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
520 Posts
I also want to thank everybody in this forum.
I have owned my SLK for three months now and thanks to the information and replies to my sometime stupid questions here I have managed to solve almost every single problem with the car.

The only thing left is my issue #1 .. and I´m giving up on that one.
Now I´m looking forward to some better weather so that I can enjoy the benefit of owning a SLK :cool:

Thanks all!!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
541 Posts
Hey, I’d just like to thank the moderators for doing such a fantastic job. You guys are worth your weight in gold! I’ve never been made to feel so welcome and the knowledge I have gained on here has 1. Saved me a fortune and 2. Taught me so much!

Thanks to your hard work, we all have access to the very best MB forum in the world today.

High five for the MODS!

ATB: John.

·
98,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Thanks John!!!! Nice to be appreciated....

·
98,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
As I learn more Myk, I just hope I can help others in the future as so many have helped me!

Truly an epic forum! 👍👍👍
Look at you! 1 month joined and 320 posts! Almost up to me! :D

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,731 Posts
As I learn more Myk, I just hope I can help others in the future as so many have helped me!

Truly an epic forum! 👍👍👍
I knew nowt when I joined, still know nowt.
But I do know where to look & who to shout.

Like I say, lots of very good members on here.
We keep a packet of chocolate Hob Nobs in the staff room, just in case.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
541 Posts
I knew nowt when I joined, still know nowt.
But I do know where to look & who to shout.

Like I say, lots of very good members on here.
We keep a packet of chocolate Hob Nobs in the staff room, just in case.
Oooh, the commando of biscuits Myk.... a serious biccie!

I’m learning as quick as I can mate and will defo help anyone I can! I’ll just learn through the best way, reading posts on here and gaining experience!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,354 Posts
I want to sincerely thank @i860 for his help with getting my SDS/Star/DAS/Xentry working again. I fully suspect the entire issue was my own ineptness, but he jumped in and got me going in the right direction. While looking through my rather old system he offered some helpful suggestions to help the overall system. Anyway, he is quite capable and most willing as anyone knows that has had the fortune of having him come to their rescue. Again, thank you @i860 for your kindness.

·
98,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
bump to the top

141 - 160 of 160 Posts