Mercedes SLK World banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hey Jeff, how's it going?
It's a small thing but one of the joys of coming back into the SLK world is this site.
I have been on MB World and Benzworld for years off an on with my other cars and I have to say this site is a reflection of the standards and discipline you bring to it.
It is friendly, helpful and always interesting and I take a lot of stuff I don't need and file it for a rainy day.
I just politely told a guy off on the R170 section of MBWorld after reading a classic MBWorld comment that would be mild on the W204 C63 site. The latter is a vicious and at times cruel site, dominated by a couple of smart ass loud mouths.
It makes one appreciate all you - and all the other moderators - do to make this site what it is. Thanks for doing this. I for one really appreciate it.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Thanks for the kind words my friend. I and the other moderators appreciate the attaboy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
fix the power seats

Just want to take a second and say thank you for all the info that is on this forum. Every time I have an issue with my SLK320 its the first place I look. My power seats would work intermittently. After reading some of the threads that members had posted with the same issue I was able to fix my car. I pull the relay in question and sure enough, just as the forum said.Thanks for such an amazing site. :smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Time for another "Thank you" to @mchild and everyone who has tried to help with my heater control and FISCON Bluetooth thread. Although we can't confirm the problems won't return, I move on with the confidence that I have the most knowledgeable and caring consultants in the world behind me. I only wish each and every member of this fantastic forum had a Mark Child close enough to consult. He has shared his time and knowledge and assistance, as I noted in my last entry in the main thread, both generously and graciously. Truly one of the inspirational icons of this forum. I remain humbled in appreciation.

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
A special thanks to those members who have answered the call from moderators
and assisted our members to resolve issues.

We mods appreciate your time.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Sarge and the moderators

which sounds like a catchy name for late 70's new wave band. I would like to offer them all a vote of thanks for their hard work throughout the year, with a special one to Jeff for de-rusting my memory.:wink:

hip-hip-hooray for the Mods.

·
94,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I want to thank some of our dedicated 'experts' that the

Moderators 'notify' when a member needs help and the thread/post might have been neglected.

In no particular order

jet_fl
VII7
mn car guy
efair
stu32
savcom
turdo2
M4rCu5
mchild
i860
martinatmersea
col
judgeming
Padgett
Australian
Frogfoot
Sneaky Pete
nimbusgb
etyu

If I have forgotten anyway, pm me and yell at me n i will add you :D

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Added a few names, but I know there are more.

I certainly appreciate you fine folk responding to the bat signal.
Hate to think just how much time, effort and money that you have saved folks,
even during my short tenure.

One of the first recorded images from my training by Jeff on operating the bat signal.

You folks are the best!

I'll also add Sarge to that list.

We mods have a direct line to his guidance and he has now provided us with his very own
patented, moderation pagers. No post 'should' go unanswered with this kit.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Hey! Don’t forget the cheering sections. LOL After all, this is the online version of “Cheers“. Everyone is made to feel welcome, even us want to be trolls! Just joking. (I never troll anybody actually)

·
94,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Rereading this old thread, I made note that Woolly and Gregg have left this earth.
God Bless them.

·
94,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
If a member helped you, give em an attaboy here!

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I really like the concept of the "bat signal".. extremely useful for those in need! also something I've never seen on any other forum! glad to be a part of it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just saying "Thanks"!

I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you on here who have so graciously shared your SLK knowledge!
My alternator died with me. And after coming on here and reading up on what needed to be done in order to change it, I opted to go ahead and try it as opposed to an expensive trip to the shop.
I was able to do it fairly easily and even tossed in an oil change since I already had "Sadie" up on the racks.
Thank you all for the help!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks to Terminal

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Terminal in the UK for his amazing offer.

I am a very new user and these cars are fairly thin on the ground for a good price here and Terminal offered to assist me in finding, checking and importing a car from the UK.

As I have never imported anything before I did decline however the offer inspired me to contact an importing company here and make enquires.

Thanks Mate:)

121 - 140 of 143 Posts