Mercedes SLK World banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Back again, with my old username etc - just want to publicly thank the admin staff for their efforts, and in particular @dbgrn who was of real help. I don't know how difficult it was, but he was always ready to assist (even on family birthdays)

Great to be back, and once again

THANKS

Glyn:tu:
You're welcome - we're always happy to help where we can. :tu:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just to say thanks....

......for all the brilliant information on this forum.
Our 18 years of 170 ownership, two 230’s followed by two 320’s came to end today.
I took our 320 for its MOT on Tuesday, she passed again with no advisories, I told the inspector that I was pleased as I was selling her and didn’t want any additional expenses!!
He asked me what I was looking for, I told him and he said he’d buy her.
I took her out for a good last drive of 120 miles in the sunshine yesterday with the top down, a great last drive and delivered her to her new owner today.
I won’t be buying a 170 again, we are looking for something a bit more comfortable, a good deal newer and without a reputation for rusting!!
A 172 might just appear on the drive within the next two or three months
Once again thanks

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
......for all the brilliant information on this forum.
Our 18 years of 170 ownership, two 230’s followed by two 320’s came to end today.
I took our 320 for its MOT on Tuesday, she passed again with no advisories, I told the inspector that I was pleased as I was selling her and didn’t want any additional expenses!!
He asked me what I was looking for, I told him and he said he’d buy her.
I took her out for a good last drive of 120 miles in the sunshine yesterday with the top down, a great last drive and delivered her to her new owner today.
I won’t be buying a 170 again, we are looking for something a bit more comfortable, a good deal newer and without a reputation for rusting!!
A 172 might just appear on the drive within the next two or three months
Once again thanks

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good to see that you aren't leaving us, hopefully.

Best wishes on finding the perfect one for yourselves.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Did you tell the new owner about SLKWorld?

·
94,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I was going to ask the same question :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I Would like to take this opportunity of thanking you all for all your advice, I've already picked up some really useful information on here & I am looking forward to many more years of SLK ownership.
No doubt a few more of the posts will come in handy too, as I get to work getting my baby back to what she should look like.

Thank you all for all your help & Advice :) oh and the meets of course look forward to making it to the next one (fingers crossed).

Des (with an S)

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wanted to add my thanks and appreciation to JB and all the other mods and members. I had a rather long hiatus from the forum but hope that it sticks around even after the supposed end of the line for SLK/SLC models next year. Hopefully Mercedes will do an about-face and announce an SLC 63 in a year or two.

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Wanted to add my thanks and appreciation to JB and all the other mods and members. I had a rather long hiatus from the forum but hope that it sticks around even after the supposed end of the line for SLK/SLC models next year. Hopefully Mercedes will do an about-face and announce an SLC 63 in a year or two.

I doubt that you need worry.

As long as there are SLKs/Cs around the forum has purpose.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I doubt that you need worry.

As long as there are SLKs/Cs around the forum has purpose.
Ill finally be keeping one long term. Woulda had my '09 long term if it hadnt been totalled in 2013. Five years was too short for that beautiful blue formula 1 front end. Never been 100% satisfied with the used 2012 I replaced it with. Looking very much forward to the 43. I'm hoping it stays with me 10 years at least depending on how reliable the turbos are. That means yall will have to put up with me for a fair bit. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
11,853 Posts
When you find specific posts that are helpful, in the lower right corner of each post is a "Thanks" button, Just press that to let that poster know that their post helped you :tu:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just want to say that you guys are so incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating. I know I ask a lot of questions but each time you guys ave stepped up and I just want to say a big 'thank you'.

xxx
How is your car search going? Have you been to look at any SLKs this week?

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Just a big THANK YOU to everyone here

Taking a moment to share the love...

This site is a treasure. I've been a member for years and still learn something new almost every time I visit. I've made "real life" friends and virtual ones in far off places. Equally fond of all but have to say lunch with @jbanks15 and his super amazing car has been a highlight of this experience.

Adding that buying a second SLK, my "new" 2005 SLK350, actually taught me more about the car since I had one that was already retrofitted/fitted and hacked. New insights surface to repeat, re-photograph, and refine the original work.

Hard at work on a bunch of How-To videos of the popular mods to share this fall (over 500 raw clips, filled up my Handcam plus 1 iPhone) that take the mods beyond the wonderful notes and pictures already available - now adding live action and close up video of all those tricky things like "Do I really pull that hard on the rear view mirror."

Thanks to all the wonderful moderators here. Your work makes this the best social media experience I've ever encountered, and by mile (or kilometer)! uuh...Make that a really quickly traveled one in a certain 09 SLK 55 AMG with Kleemann Supercharger ;)

·
94,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Taking a moment to share the love...

This site is a treasure. I've been a member for years and still learn something new almost every time I visit. I've made "real life" friends and virtual ones in far off places. Equally fond of all but have to say lunch with @jbanks15 and his super amazing car has been a highlight of this experience.

Adding that buying a second SLK, my "new" 2005 SLK350, actually taught me more about the car since I had one that was already retrofitted/fitted and hacked. New insights surface to repeat, re-photograph, and refine the original work.

Hard at work on a bunch of How-To videos of the popular mods to share this fall (over 500 raw clips, filled up my Handcam plus 1 iPhone) that take the mods beyond the wonderful notes and pictures already available - now adding live action and close up video of all those tricky things like "Do I really pull that hard on the rear view mirror."

Thanks to all the wonderful moderators here. Your work makes this the best social media experience I've ever encountered, and by mile (or kilometer)! uuh...Make that a really quickly traveled one in a certain 09 SLK 55 AMG with Kleemann Supercharger ;)
Thanks John!
We hope you can visit us again in October
And we need to get you a smaller avatar. Your head is too big in it :D

·
94,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Bump time!....

101 - 120 of 143 Posts