Administrator - Founding Member
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks my friend!

·
Registered
285 Posts
What a wonderful place this is

I run a forum and site in my other hobbie away from cars which is a video game site. In the 8 or so years I have run the site I have seen the forum die a death over the years. It was killed by the likes of Twitter and Facebook.

After viewing lots of posts on this site over the days running up to buying my SLK I already knew it was a modern version of the good old Haynes manual with lots of how to's and general advice. I never thought for one minute a forum would be as lively as this one is. Lots of very active members :grin: which is wonderful. This has now become my first site I visit when sitting in front of the PC or iPad.

I have always preferred forums to the quick posts of Twitter and Facebook. As a new member, I would just like to express my thanks to all the wonderful contributors both new and long standing that make this forum and site a great place.

THANK YOU :grin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Sarg for the warm welcome to the forum. Been busy with bricks and lumber, but I should be more involved soon. I have been on a few car forums and this is the best by far. Nice, warm and helpful people under your lead.

Overheard a lady call my 07 slk vintage. Vintage? Would not know vintage when she sees one. You are fine VINTAGE and treasured. Cheers.

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks Sarg for the warm welcome to the forum. Been busy with bricks and lumber, but I should be more involved soon. I have been on a few car forums and this is the best by far. Nice, warm and helpful people under your lead.

Overheard a lady call my 07 slk vintage. Vintage? Would not know vintage when she sees one. You are fine VINTAGE and treasured. Cheers.
Thanks for the kind words and much appreciated! :D
All our members are always willing to assist.
Sure, we might say 'have you searched', but 'teach a man to fish'... :D

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day,,,,
Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gotta say thanks already!

Within a week of picking up my new-to-me SLK, my DIC notified I had a low beam out as well as a license plate light. No problem, I thought. Remember, my last daily driver was a big GMC crew cab truck. Changing bulbs in those headlights are a breeze... Take out two pins and the entire headlight assembly comes out. Swap bulbs. Done in 5 minutes. Not so with the SLK! Using Search on here showed my the "easy" way (removing the wheels and going in through the wheel well.

No biggie... Jacked the front end up and spun off the wheel bolts. Lo and behold, the wheels would not budge! Not sure if I was doing something wrong, the Search paid off again as this apparently isn't terribly uncommon. I put the bolts back in loosely, dropped the car of the jack and worked the steering wheel a bit. Sure enough they finally broke free.

So a few days viewing on here and one day registered and you guys are already paying off dividends! Thanks already for helping me through my first simple DIY effort!

brian

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a passing thought as 76+ yo geezers do . It occurred to me that I lived near the sarge I could just post here for help due a medical crisis . I would bet my wife knickers I would bet his response time would beat the local meet wagon. And so sarge I salute you for being our rapid response team for so many good folk

so many sincere thanks to you sarge

from da gman Isalute you

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thank you kind sir!

(Was that quick enuff for you?)

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Please update your profile with your current BP readings and list of known ailments along with your complete medical history?

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks my friend!
If you ever make it to Floriduh, let us know so we can shake! :D

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Can't believe it!

I've been a member of SLKWorld one whole year, today - which means I'd have owned Silkie a whole year very soon.. A mere beginner compared with many of you but I'd just like to take the opportunity of thanking each of you for putting up with me for a whole twelve months. Probably the most friendly, well-run forum I've been a member of - and I'm a member of a few!!

And no, I'm not saying this to get in The Sarge's good books. It's a genuine pleasure to be a member.

So thank you!!

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I've been a member of SLKWorld one whole year, today - which means I'd have owned Silkie a whole year very soon.. A mere beginner compared with many of you but I'd just like to take the opportunity of thanking each of you for putting up with me for a whole twelve months. Probably the most friendly, well-run forum I've been a member of - and I'm a member of a few!!

And no, I'm not saying this to get in The Sarge's good books. It's a genuine pleasure to be a member.

So thank you!!
Thank you! Now become a subscribing member to get more bennies!

http://www.slkworld.com/payments.php

and your friendly mods do not get paid for recommending membership
we don't get paid at all :D

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Super Moderator
24,272 Posts

So thank you!!
Books? Plural?:surprise:

Sheesh!

I didn't even know he had a good post it.:frown:

Premium membership is a good way to show support:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/386122-ask-not-what-slkworld-can-do-you.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjo9uzzy5zQAhXG0hoKHbnjBLAQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFFYmq4bHsyZUrK9qFG7E73X1DFkQ

41 - 60 of 142 Posts