Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Bump again! you know who you are for helping new and old members out with their issues!

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Whether it's a clip, car part, part number, advice, consultation, PM or just about anything, Jeff is always there to help out. A big thank you from me in the UK, a true asset to the forum...Jeff, you the man....:)

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks my friend! :D

·
Super Moderator
24,271 Posts
Still a wet behind the ears Newbie,

But you don't have to look far on this site to appreciate the effort that goes into it on all fronts (Admin/Mods/Posters et al).

Jeff, the vid in the original post sums it up perfectly.

Not quite a quote from it but:-

This site genuinely has that 'Good Neighbourhood' feel.

The stats. back it up. I think it says 4 bans in all the time the site has been running? Considering the membership (not just body count but nationalities too), different (often, firmly held) views and how easy it is to post in haste/repent at leisure...

AMAZING!
:Beer:

(Normally I'd say 'sorry' for shouting in a post [Cap Letters] but I reckon this one time it's appropriate for sure).

I wrote all that then nearly forgot to say..

THANK YOU!

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the kind words. I spend tooooo much time here considering I don't get paid.
We of course also immediately ban spammers. Members usually never get to see the crap they like to post.

·
Super Moderator
24,271 Posts
Everyone's effort is both appreciated and shows.

The only heated threads I've come across on here related to car seat and blower problems.

As you know Jeff, I used to spend time on forums in most roles (in front house, behind scenes and simply as a member).

I eventually got 'tired' of spammers, trolls, lurkers etc etc the list is endless as those who run this site know only too well.

Add in my poor IT skills
1. Hit key repeatedly.
2. Turn off/on.
3. Contact web host.
4. Locate sledgehammer.
5. Replace computer & repeat 4. On self.

This site can be held up as an example of what forums should be, irregardless of topic.

After a six year absence from forums I've found this neighbourhood and am enjoying what I see.

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Time for a bump to thank those fine members again!

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks all for the great comments! Our admins and moderators do a great job behind the scenes. I am just anal as most if not all of you know. Maybe it is my military background, maybe because I was just born that way. Sometimes, not often, I have to take a step back and say to meself, self, there has to be a good reason why that member won't update or post an intro and any number of things. But after 9 years here, I still look forward to seeing what the next forum day will bring. My feelings are here:

http://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/80449-pursuit-happyness-being-member-slkworld-com.html

and how SLKWorld began here for the newbies:

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/129377-how-did-slkworld-begin.html

Thanks again All! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks

I would like to thank all the members who helped me with solving the roof problems with my 1998 SLK 230. I followed the advise, ordered the kit and rebuilt the hydrolic cylinder in the roof. The directions in the kit were very straight forward and easy to follow. The only hitch that I ran into was opening the hydrolic fluid resevoir. The opening nut was so tight that I thought I would break something so I took the car to my mechanic who installed the fluid for me. The kit cost me $40 Canadian and my mechanic cost me $ 50. For a total of $90 Canadian, I have a repair job which Mercedes had quoted me about $1000. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Fil

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you !!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to all of the people on the forum for all the info that is posted.
After visiting 5 local shops to install the left door speaker and being told, sorry we don't mess with that stuff, I decided to give it a go on my own.
Purchased the speaker (fairly cheap IMO 124.90 incl. shpg) from MB.
After reading several post and studying the pictures I was able to get the trim panel off and voila I now have full stereo again. Little over two hours time spent (not bad for my first attempt. :laugh:
So THANK YOU again !!! This forum is a vast ocean of knowledge and tips.(and good people)

PS: Forgot to mention while fumbling about inside the car I managed to knock the lid off the center console, but again someone had posted about repairing it and I was able to reset it and also discover the hidden compartment. :bannana:

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Most welcome and all the members are glad you 'did it yourself'! and their comments and pics contributed to your success! :D

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bump again! you know who you are for helping new and old members out with their issues!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Learning

Every day I've been on here I have learned so much about my car, and I just want to thank all the contributors to this forum that have knowingly and unknowingly helped me bring my car to a place I can be proud of her.
Thank you all,
G

·
92,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
G,

the members are glad to help and glad you found our friendly and informative and addicting forum!

JB :D

21 - 40 of 142 Posts